Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Duathlon Nationals
CREATED: 03/01/09 by JoeC REPLIES: 41
JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
Duathlon Nationals
POSTED: 3/01/09 2:06 PM

Richomnd will be hosting the Duathlon National Championship and duathlon national club challenge the weekend of April 25-26. I think our club needs to continue its dominance in the region and add this to our collection. Being 2 hours away the race is practically in our backyard. Plus at $75 and given the amount of shwag its a bargain. :-)

http://www.duathlonnationals.com/

This is maybe Deja Vu...but who is in?

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1796
RE: Duathlon Nationals
POSTED: 3/01/09 2:35 PM

Do they have a relay for that event?

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1796
POSTED: 3/01/09 2:35 PM

Do they have a relay for that event?

POSTED: 3/01/09 2:56 PM

There are relay teams for the events as well.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 3/01/09 3:07 PM

I'm in! And very excited about all of the support for Duathlon Nationals.

Once we get the numbers, we should plan a club pre-race dinner. We need a place for our smack talk before the race.

Eric's ravatar Eric    JOINED: 8/18/04    POSTS: 275
POSTED: 3/02/09 7:14 AM

http://www.duathlonnationals.com

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1069
POSTED: 3/02/09 4:36 PM

I'm still in for the Oly Road race.

Richmond Tri Club is hosting the post-race party at the finish line and they are a great crew. Should be a really fun weekend!

spa205's ravatar spa205    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 3/02/09 4:41 PM

Saying goodbye to my mid-to-late twenties with a birthday weekend duathlon sounds like a great idea. How did I get roped in to this one?

POSTED: 3/02/09 4:53 PM

We once did an anniversary weekend duathlon. And our accommodations fell through so we ended up sleeping on the floor of a high school gym. Yep, we're a model of romance.

Would you like us to bring a candle for your energy bar?

eastie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 3/02/09 5:56 PM

I'm in for the on-road sprint, just for the fun of it. The idea of being to able to get up after dawn to drive to an out of town race is pretty appealing!

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 145
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:43 AM

I'm in! Time to get this bike on the road.

POSTED: 3/03/09 4:57 PM

Are most people driving down the morning of? Or staying over night? Just trying to get a feel of where to book a room.

POSTED: 3/04/09 6:22 AM

We're going down the night before. We've stayed at the Crown Plaza which is the race hotel the last two years. It's really nothing special and the Holiday Inn Express is actually closer and also offers a discount rate. We'll probably still be at the Crown Plaza as we're used to it now.

Food options in the immediate race area are disappointing but the walk to the Shockoe Slip area isn't far and there are some good pre-race carb loading options down there.

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 3/12/09 9:37 AM

I have a room at the Holiday Inn for Saturday night. It is really close and pretty cheap. And please count me in for any pre-race dinner.

-Ang

POSTED: 3/12/09 3:31 PM

They've posted new race start times for the on-road race on Sunday. The first wave starts at 7:30 am, the last at 11:35. I haven't seen anything yet on how they are managing the transition area with the new start schedule.

Also, I think that the Crown Plaza is sold out. So we're going to be at the Holiday Inn Express.

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 3/12/09 4:30 PM

They're at 80% capacity now.
So quit slacking and sign up.

POSTED: 3/12/09 4:34 PM

Or slack a little longer and come out to the training du. Top male and female finisher (who have not already signed up) get a free entry plus we will be raffling off 2 free entries to participants and volunteers.

We may not know about the USAT MA club championship yet but lets win the National club championship.

kbug's ravatar kbug    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 4/04/09 4:40 PM

So somehow I have gotten myself into this race - and it will be my first out of town event with the club (not to mention my first real duathlon). Any thoughts or advice from anyone would be welcome!

POSTED: 4/04/09 10:11 PM

If you have time before the race, it is useful to try to do a run/bike brick or even a short run/bike/run brick in advance of the race. The experience of the second run is a bit different than the run off the bike in a triathlon.

For the race itself, you'll probably notice that everyone starts off really quickly in the first run of a duathlon. You'll want to try to hold back a little on that first run - so don't run your best 10K time. You want to pace yourself for the distance.

Let me know if you have anymore specific questions.

Michele

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 4/07/09 11:28 AM

Email that went out today:

National Duathlon Festival
April 25-26, 2009

April 7, 2009 E-Newsletter

Welcome to the 2009 National Duathlon Festival Event Newsletter! If you participated in the Duathlon Nationals last year and/or have signed up to compete this year, you'll be receiving these periodic updates about the latest and greatest 2009 National Duathlon Festival news.

Entries Near Capacity – Registration to Close Soon

The USAT National Duathlon Festival’s record-breaking entries are still going strong. The on-road Duathlon Age Group National Championship race is currently at 95% capacity, so registration will be closing very soon. If you know of folks who want to compete in this ground-breaking duathlon, tell them time is extremely limited and to go to www.duathlonnationals.com today! Space is still available for all the off-road races and the on-road sport and junior/youth races.

New Wave Starts and Course Maps

To allow for congestion-free racing on the course and a fun atmosphere for all, the on-road age group national championships will feature fourteen different wave starts based on age starting at 7:30am on Sunday, April 26. Be sure to check duathlonnationals.com to find out what time your wave will start and also for new user-friendly on-road course maps.

Transition Area Info for On-Road Age Group Championships

Since we will be keeping the transition area open all morning long on Sunday to accommodate the different wave starts, it’s important for you to read the following instructions carefully and to be sure to follow all of the well-marked access point signs and volunteer instructions for traffic flow. This will ensure a safe and smooth transition area for everyone!

All athletes will have access to the transition area starting at 6 a.m. on Sunday morning through one well-marked entrance. To minimize congestion and lines for chip distribution, we suggest athletes rack their bikes no more than 90 minutes before their wave is scheduled to begin. Rack space will be assigned by race number, so there is no advantage to getting to transition early. USAT Officials and Event Volunteers will be present throughout the day in Transition to assist and ensure bikes are racked properly.

You will be able to retrieve your bike after the majority of athletes in your age group have finished through one well-marked exit. The Transition Area is designed so that athletes that have completed their race will not impede athletes still racing. No bikes will leave the transition area without the athlete and running bib number, no exceptions! This is to protect your property.

Separate run in/out and bike in/out access points will be used for racers. Since the waves start at 7:30 a.m. and continue throughout the day, please stay out of the run in/out and bike in/out chutes unless your wave has begun.

Awards Ceremony

Off-road awards will be presented on Saturday after the races are completed. The awards ceremony for on-road events will start at 3 p.m. on Sunday. Participants should plan on attending the awards ceremony to claim their spots for Worlds. Awards for the Sport, Youth and National races will be held once those races are finished.

Post-Event Tailgate Party

The Richmond Tri-Club is hosting a rocking post-event tailgate party on Sunday that will feature the live band Blackbird Pond. Food, drink and festivities will all be waiting for you when you cross the finish line, so be sure to make your way to the tailgate tent to celebrate!

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria