Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Hains Point? Sunday's 5k/10k Run?
CREATED: 02/12/10 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 3
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
Hains Point? Sunday's 5k/10k Run?
POSTED: 2/12/10 2:05 PM

Anyone been down to Hains Point? For the second week in a row, we may be looking at rescheduling the 5k/10k down there. The PVTC race tomorrow has been moved. Check back later for an update. -Hugh

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1318
RE: Hains Point? Sunday's 5k/10k Run?
POSTED: 2/12/10 3:52 PM

Hugh,

I just got back from jogging around Haines Point. I don't think that it's runnable for what you are trying to do. The streets around the swimming pool area are as clear and beautiful as can be. The pavenements are as nice as the summertime. There are some snow overflowing the sidewalks but there were also plenty of cars parking around there.

The problem is that the gate to the main part of Haines Point is down so there is no car traffic. It's the first time that I've seen it down during this time of day. The road beyond the gate is pretty nice for the first 1/2 mile or so but then that's where it stops. After about 1/2 mile you are looking at 2 feet of unshoveled snow for as far as the eye can see. I didn't run on that part but I did see footprints like people were either walking or jogging on it. I don't think that people will be able to run on that kind of snow with any kind of speed beyond walking speed. I only ran down the swimming pool side of the Haines Point but I suspect the other side is the same.

I think that the only way that you can do the run is if you have people run around the island around the pool area for x number of loops.

Tuan

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 2/12/10 4:10 PM

Tuan, thanks. Looks like we're going to have to re-schedule it again. Guess that's the story with this storm.

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 2/12/10 4:40 PM

sooo sad. sooo sad. I'm still getting together with some friends to run- may as well take the opportunity for an LSD-- I'm thinking 15 mi-ish. If anyone else wants to join me and a couple of my favorite lady training partners for any portion of this let me know! Note: there will be an emphasis on the 'slow' portion of the lsd.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria