Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Spin studio recommendations?
CREATED: 11/16/13 by coachlane REPLIES: 10
coachlane    JOINED: 10/1/11    POSTS: 36
Spin studio recommendations?
POSTED: 11/16/13 5:11 AM

With winter approaching, I'm looking for recommendations on a good spin studio to work into my weekly training routine. Ideally, the studio would be reasonably convenient to downtown DC (within 15 minutes or so), have a Tuesday or Thursday AM class that ends by 7:30 at the latest, and be relatively affordable. Does anyone know of a studio that fits this very picky list? I'm a winter-only spinner, so I would rather find a studio rather than join a gym chain for a short period.

dmd326's ravatar dmd326    JOINED: 10/28/10    POSTS: 67
RE: Spin studio recommendations?
POSTED: 12/17/13 9:48 PM

I go to OffRoad DC on U St, and highly recommend them. My favorite leader is Bridgette, but she does the Monday and Tuesday afternoon classes. I know they have early classes, but I haven't been to them as I start my work day earlier than most.

dhops's ravatar dhops    JOINED: 7/12/12    POSTS: 110
POSTED: 12/18/13 9:29 AM

OffRoad has awesome instructors…very true to pure "road style" indoor cycling, and not the crazy, trendy stuff a lot of studios try to get in to.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1739
POSTED: 12/18/13 11:03 AM

Long-term clubbers Ron Benedict & Rob Falk are good sources of info on this matter.

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 12/18/13 12:42 PM

Second for both Off Road and Bridget. I haven't been in a while (probably since last winter), but will be back after C-mas for a couple months.

For another option the old Peloton studio on 14th just reopened as Ride DC and I think one of the instructors is a DCTri person. IMO it's a bit less about biking and more about fitness. For example, in my class we were doing "push ups" on our bikes in the middle of the ride -- it's not my thing, but the people are nice.

POSTED: 12/18/13 1:54 PM

[deleted]

apsalmeron's ravatar apsalmeron    JOINED: 1/13/13    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 2/05/14 4:59 PM

my favorite spin class in DC is sufferfest on sundays at OffRoad. usually around 1 hr and 45 minutes, occasionally the full 2 hours. keeps you entertained with the great videos and "road" like simulations

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 233
POSTED: 2/06/14 10:06 AM

I'd highly recommend the DC Tri Club OSS sessions, led by yours truly :-) However, Off Road is a great studio that offers cycling and other classes (TRX, boxing, yoga, etc). And, they offer a discount to DC Tri Club, so take advantage of that. I know they don't do any of the bs upper body workouts and pushups which have no place on a bike, but instead pride themselves on having instructors who actually, gasp, own bikes and ride them! Tammar and Tali are the owners (local gals from the U Street area) and are both fantastic and have a good thing going...

crutchfn    JOINED: 12/25/13    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 2/26/14 5:40 PM

Is there a DCTri discount code for Off-Road Cycling Studio??

rcole's ravatar rcole    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 4/22/14 12:49 PM

I'm planning to try out off-road during those rainy spring days! They even have a brick workout on Thursdays.

https://www.livingsocial.com/cities/1-washington-d-c/deals/1091275-one-three-or-five-fitness-classes?afsrc=1&cvosrc=email.blast.digest_citywide&utm_campaign=digest_citywide&utm_content=1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=blast

POSTED: 4/22/14 12:52 PM

I'm now teaching at 6:45 on Thursday mornings at Off Road. The rides are targeted to triathletes, so come check the class out!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria