Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New website
CREATED: 03/01/09 by caseycreech REPLIES: 31
caseycreech's ravatar caseycreech    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 37
New website
POSTED: 3/01/09 9:20 PM

I'm loving the look of the new website. Very professional looking. Now if I can just get a picture of myself scrolling across the top, I can prove to my family that I'm actually doing triathlons :)

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
RE: New website
POSTED: 3/01/09 10:05 PM

I think all you have to do is send a picture to our dear Pres and you can prove to your family that you're doing triathlons. If they are like mine, you will then just have to deal with the question of "why?"

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 3/01/09 10:10 PM

The pres will have to submit them to Eric and his team who developed the site....there are a few other features that are missing that take priority over pictures right now but I really do love the look of the new site. Eric, Fabio and Phil did a great job.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1068
POSTED: 3/01/09 11:13 PM

I don't think anyone will ever fully appreciate how much work Eric and his team of developers have put into this project. A huge THANKS goes to Eric, Fabio and Phil for this sexy new website!

ssinclai's ravatar ssinclai    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 45
POSTED: 3/01/09 11:20 PM

Great job! I love the new site.

no-e-plz's ravatar no-e-plz    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 3/02/09 7:57 AM

Looks amazing!!! Great job! Quick question; did we loose the years of forum info?? Or is that archived somewhere?

POSTED: 3/02/09 8:16 AM

The forum info is going to be lost. It's kind of a bummer but it won't take long for the new forum to get populated with a bunch of great new stuff.

POSTED: 3/02/09 8:36 AM

yeah, Casey, then you can be famous just like me! :)

Loving the new website. It does look very professional. And I can only imagine how much work went into it. Having done MINIMAL coding, I know this took a LOT of effort. Kudos to Eric and his team for this awesome site.

no-e-plz's ravatar no-e-plz    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 3/02/09 8:44 AM

That's rather sad since that's more than 5 years of institutional knowledge, race reports, advise and information that we've all built and contributed to over the years. If it hasn't been totally lost, maybe there's a way to cull some of the best info for addition to the new site. I know from my own personal use that the previous race reports were useful for deciding whether to do a race, or what to expect.

dwitt616's ravatar dwitt616    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 3/02/09 8:48 AM

New to the club - but I think the site looks amazing! Congrats to all those that had a hand. I could not be more impressed.

POSTED: 3/02/09 8:54 AM

Yeah, it is sad that the old forum was lost. There was a lot of useful information there. I'm glad I printed out the entire swim workout forum about a month ago. That's been invaluable in developing my own swim workouts.

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 3/02/09 9:32 AM

All is not lost. We still have access to the old forum and posts. Once the Race engine is pulling from database we will go back and start repopulating some of the old race reports. However a lot of the gear questions get asked over and over again anyway. This is a new forum and a new engine so its not as simple as simple copying from the old site to the current one.

DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
POSTED: 3/02/09 9:57 AM

It sure does look snazzy. Big props to Eric and the gang.

POSTED: 3/02/09 10:08 AM

We're going to try and import some of the important threads from the old forum but there wasn't a way to just do a direct dump from the old to the new. The guys tried hard to figure that out and it just wasn't possible.

The new site has features that is going to greatly improve accessibility of race reports and sharing of advice. Once all of the features are in place, you'll have forgotten the old forum and wondered how we lived with that dinosaur of a website.

Eric's ravatar Eric    JOINED: 8/18/04    POSTS: 275
POSTED: 3/02/09 10:16 AM

Thanks all- much appreciated! As others have said, please bear with us as we work out the kinks but we're excited and new features will be coming soon. Just to point one out- we'll have a race report section that will catalog reports by user and race so you'll be able to sort through that info much easier. And we'll bring over valuable data from the old site so we don't loose the good stuff. Enjoy

jwolfsthal's ravatar jwolfsthal    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 3/02/09 11:06 AM

this is frickin sweet, but how come my # of posts no longer shows up? ;)

Tamara's ravatar Tamara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 3/02/09 11:07 AM

WOW! Just jumped over to the site and WOW. This is awesome. Great work to all those of you who played a part!!!

bradford's ravatar bradford    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 3/02/09 11:27 AM

Just wanted to test out my new log-in.

tri em's ravatar tri em    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 3/02/09 11:39 AM

Eric and others on design and coding team, new site looks excellent! You've done an amazing job - thanks! I'm having a great snow day now exploring and navigating the new site :)

Chad's ravatar Chad    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 3/02/09 12:14 PM

Copy and paste...then use the search function...

IDEA GRENADE.....as I walk away slowly acting like I said nothing at all....

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria