Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Climate Ride 2009
CREATED: 04/20/09 by ashleynellis1 REPLIES: 4
ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
Climate Ride 2009
POSTED: 4/20/09 3:42 PM

Something worth checking out. DC groups are forming now!

http://www.climateride.org/

Don’t miss the 2nd annual Brita Climate Ride, the fully-supported, 5-day bike ride from NYC to DC where you pedal to raise money and awareness of climate change and hope for a future powered by renewable energy and a green economy. This September, more than 200 Climate Riders will cycle beautiful country roads, meet fun and fascinating people, and experience the exhilaration of pedaling to the steps of the US Capitol.

This is your chance to get out on the road and drive the ultimate carbon-free machine: the bicycle.

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: Climate Ride 2009
POSTED: 4/20/09 5:19 PM

Climate Riders must pay a $100 registration fee and raise $2400 in order to participate; all proceeds go to Focus the Nation and Clean Air – Cool Planet.

JSepanik's ravatar JSepanik    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 4/21/09 10:42 AM

This sounds like a really cool ride. I have been considering doing it, but haven't decided yet. Anyone else doing it?

Julie

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 4/21/09 11:13 AM

i'm signed up for it! i heard it was a blast last year and this year registration has already doubled. it's for a great cause, so i'm expecting that fund-raising won't be too hard.

dcpru's ravatar dcpru    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 7/05/09 4:10 PM

Just to bump this up and also to add that a third beneficiary of this year's ride is the Rails to Trails Conservancy (www.railstotrails.org).

I'm a former DC Tri Club member that is now on a 5005 mile bike ride to promote awareness for Climate Ride 2009. I've just arrived here in DC as part of my ride and will try to get out to some DC Tri events (would love to meet up with you Ashley), but you can also check out my blog here (www.5005miles.blogspot.com).

Anybody else signed up or thinking of signing up? Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,
Michael

twitter - @5005miles
www.climateride.org
www.5005miles.blogspot.com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria