Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Roll Call for Lake Anna - Giant Acorn Sprint
CREATED: 08/30/10 by KBRESLIN REPLIES: 33
KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
RE: Roll Call for Lake Anna - Giant Acorn Sprint
POSTED: 9/14/10 12:56 PM

The sprint is Sun 10/3 & I believe on site registration is available even though its sold out (that’s what the race organizer’s out of office email indicates). At the very least there are charity slots for a little more $. I’m on the fence re: going if I can’t find others doing the race. Doing my 1st tri solo just doesn’t feel right to me.

I think the OLY is Sat 10/2 & the Sprint is Sun 10/3 so I don’t see how we could coordinate efforts unless you’re staying down to cheer us on.

I would like to at least know there are a few others doing the Sprint and possibly organize us so we know who each other are. I’ll be the last one out of the water and possibly over the finish line – but my goal is to finish and be ready to kick butt in the Spring.

So who’s in for the Sprint? ?

ekmayer's ravatar ekmayer    JOINED: 8/24/10    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 9/14/10 1:37 PM

I am doing the sprint, only my third tri, and I guarantee I will be one of the last across the finish line! I am driving down Sunday morning from DC, I can take one more bike and person in my car if anyone wants to carpool.

Emily

POSTED: 9/14/10 1:46 PM

Emily, I'd like to take you up on your offer! :) I live by the Cathedral in DC but I can meet you where ever is most convenient for you.

spleary's ravatar spleary    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 9/14/10 2:06 PM

Also, my third tri. But excited that it's my first one with an actual road bike (as opposed to the mountainbike I used for first two). I'll also be heading down the Sunday morning. Wouldn't mind meeting up either to caravan down there or just meet up at the race.

POSTED: 9/14/10 2:25 PM

I think it would be great to caravan! I'm still using my hybrid bike and it's killing me. Congrats on the road bike purchase. :)

jbuchovecky    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 9/14/10 2:31 PM

I'm in for the Oly, and would caravan as well. Coming from Mont. Co., but can meet up somewhere.

POSTED: 9/17/10 3:26 PM

Bad news - I'm not able to do the Lake Anna sprint tri b/c I didn't register and since I contacted them to do the charity slot (b/c couldn't figure out how to sign up/pay last week) that has sold out too.

Now going to do the Cape Henlopen sprint in DE the following weekend if anyone is doing that let me know. :)

EMILY - you now have an open spot in your car. :)

danindc's ravatar danindc    JOINED: 3/20/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 9/18/10 10:04 AM

Hi everyone. I'm planning on doing the Olympic distance on Saturday, October 2nd. It's a 10am start so wouldn't be too bad to leave DC early that morning, around 6, 6:30 and get there in plenty of time for the race. Here's a link to some info on the race, says they have 109 spots left: http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=1486

If you were planning on doing the sprint distance, why not give the olympic distance a try? What's the worst that could happen? So what if you don't finish and you might surprise yourself:)

Shout back if interested

spleary's ravatar spleary    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 10/01/10 10:10 AM

Water temperature was posted yesterday, currently just squeeking under wetsuit legal at 77.8!

Weather also looks nice, although it may be a bit chilly at first.

Nate's ravatar Nate    JOINED: 2/23/10    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 10/01/10 10:15 AM

After this summer, I'll take chilly!

SClaremon109    JOINED: 2/25/10    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 10/01/10 10:53 AM

Hi all,

I raced in a different VTS race a few weekends ago but I left before the awards ceremony. Is anyone racing Giant Acorn this weekend willing to grab it for me? I'd rather not pay 40 bucks to ship a small plaque. I live and work in downtown DC, but I'll pick it up from just about anywhere in the DC area. If you don't mind helping out my gmail is steve.claremon.

Thanks!
-Steve

Nate's ravatar Nate    JOINED: 2/23/10    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 10/01/10 11:31 AM

Steve, I can grab it for you. Check your email.

Lorax's ravatar Lorax    JOINED: 1/20/11    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 9/24/11 4:16 PM

Hi Kim, I'm doing the international distance on Saturday. I was thinking about staying Saturday night though - depending on what people's plans were. Carolyn

danindc's ravatar danindc    JOINED: 3/20/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 9/25/11 9:14 PM

Hi. I'm doing the International distance too and was thinking about heading down Friday night and/or staying over Saturday. Looked online and it seemed like there were a lot of decent places to rent right on the lake. Anyone interested?

Dan

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria