Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Wear to buy tri shorts/top?
CREATED: 04/13/12 by LauraP REPLIES: 5
LauraP    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 7
Wear to buy tri shorts/top?
POSTED: 4/13/12 3:26 PM

Hey more experienced tri buddies... any advice on where to buy tri shorts and tops in the general DC area, or online? Favorite brands? Wasn't sure if the official DC Tri gear will be here in time for PeasantMan and it would be nice to properly attired for my first practice tri. Thanks!

dupontgrl    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 18
RE: Wear to buy tri shorts/top?
POSTED: 4/14/12 2:23 PM

If I can add a question to that post - I tried on tri shorts/tops for the first time, and man it's complicated. Do more experienced folks have suggestions for stores that have a good selection, and tips on fit for women? I know it's supposed to be tight, but exactly how tight?

dupontgrl    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 4/17/12 4:31 PM

Fyi - we didn't get much of a response here, so I talked to some of my experienced tri friends. Apparently Fresh Bikes Cycling (which used to be called Conte's) in Arlington has a better selection than places in the city. Their suggestion was to try on clothes there to determine the right size, but you can probably find it online for cheaper.

tkopan's ravatar tkopan    JOINED: 4/7/12    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 4/17/12 7:04 PM

Thanks for the advice!

jfriess23's ravatar jfriess23    JOINED: 7/27/10    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 4/17/12 8:45 PM

I've found that City Sports in DC has really good sales on some tri gear, mostly shorts. I've bought most of my clothing there, and get it usually for about 50%-70% off retail. Just look for their frequent 20% off codes that go out frequently.

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 491
POSTED: 4/17/12 8:51 PM

Before I started wearing the Club's shorts I liked zoot and in the last few years REI has carried a good selection of them.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria