DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Kinetic Bike Course Feedback
CREATED: 05/06/13 by mchaney REPLIES: 4
mchaney's ravatar mchaney    JOINED: 7/29/10    POSTS: 25
Kinetic Bike Course Feedback
POSTED: 5/06/13 9:26 AM

Hi All,

Did anyone have a chance to ride the new Kinetic Half Bike Course this past weekend? I've seen the course map and elevation profile but does anyone have additional feedback on it?

Thanks,
Mike

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
RE: Kinetic Bike Course Feedback
POSTED: 5/06/13 10:01 AM

It's pretty damn fast. I'd wager that it's faster than the old one. Some rolling hills, but nothing that would cause you get up out of your seat. I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of folks staying in aero through most of those "hills." A lot of uphills were preceeded by downhills where you could gather momentum to roll all/most of the way up.

There are a few sections where it looked like they have just paved the road. It's pretty smooth so you can just let it rip. There are a few sharp 90 degrees turns that you would have to slow down, but those are very few.

--Tuan

mchaney's ravatar mchaney    JOINED: 7/29/10    POSTS: 25
POSTED: 5/06/13 10:03 AM

That's great, thanks Tuan!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 5/06/13 12:39 PM

Oh Tuan, I'd so rather do that course 2xs as far than ride Columbia... sniff sniff - but my calendar did not permit.

PS- my shoes were really stinky from Lake Anna this weekend -So everyone - shower early & often.

JayC101's ravatar JayC101    JOINED: 2/27/11    POSTS: 105
POSTED: 5/07/13 2:30 PM

I rode the entire course and then some last weekend and it was very fast. There are a few minor hills maybe one hill you might need to get out of the saddle on depending how strong you are on hills, but nothing to major. The roads where also fairly well maintained. You won't need to worry about hills till you get to the run ;)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria