Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

The Air Force Cycling Classic Roll Call
CREATED: 05/23/10 by rtroll REPLIES: 10
rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 505
The Air Force Cycling Classic Roll Call
POSTED: 5/23/10 8:42 PM

Anyone planning on riding the The Air Force Cycling Classic Crystal Ride on June 13th? I'm planning on doing it and thought it would be fun to have a group from DC Tri out there. For those that aren't familiar take a look here for details: http://airforcecyclingclassic.com/registration-crystal-ride

Ryan

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
RE: The Air Force Cycling Classic Roll Call
POSTED: 5/23/10 9:11 PM

I'll be there! But I'm not fast. :)

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 295
POSTED: 5/23/10 9:16 PM

In. Undecided b/t road and tri bike.

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 6/02/10 2:08 PM

I've somehow been conned into this. At least there will still be almost a week to taper before DC Tri..

H

POSTED: 6/02/10 2:16 PM

Sweet! Let's roll up with a DC Tri crew that day...

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 6/04/10 1:26 PM

Ahhh found the Tread. I am in now and I am going for the 8 laps. Would love to have a DC Tri group representing. Count me in!!

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 6/04/10 2:44 PM

I really wanted to do the Crystal Ride this year but it's on the same day as Eagleman. :(

My only consolation is that I might be able to go to the Air Force Cycling Classic expo on Friday. Hopefully Crystal Ride and Eagleman will be on different weekends next year. Have fun everyone!

cvegh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 6/04/10 6:50 PM

I will be there! My buddy Rodolfo Luzio will also be there (but he is faster than me so I won't be able to keep up with him!). I am aiming (hoping!) at 8 loops in about 3:10-3:15 so if we can form a little group, that would be great.

By the way, Rodolfo, who did it last year, suggested that I take the aerobars off from my road bike because there is peloton riding and people don't like to see the aerobars (even if they are not used). Just thought I would pass this tip along ... I am not sure what others are planning to do ...

Carlos.

zoom2zoom's ravatar zoom2zoom    JOINED: 5/5/10    POSTS: 72
POSTED: 6/07/10 9:53 AM

are you guys planning on TT or road bike? and where are you guys meeting at?

POSTED: 6/10/10 12:33 AM

Hey guys (and gals), it looks like we have about 7 or 8 folks coming out for this ride. The ride starts at 7:30 and it sounds like many of us here are trying for a full 8 laps so a 7:30 roll out time would be ideal. Here are some logistics I'll toss out there...

Cost (if you haven't already registered) is $55 ($45 + $10 Day of Fee) and you can register right on site.

Anyone apposed to riding over? Is not then let's plan to meet in front of the Lincoln Memorial at 7:00am and ride over from there. This should give us plenty of time to register and get on the course sometime between 7:30 and 8:00. If not and you would rather meet @ the event then lets plan to meet near the registration tent around 7:30.

Wear DC Tri gear!

For those opting for the TT bike, proper etiquette and safety is a must! When we are riding in a tight group (whether it's just our group or we latch onto a larger group) keep those hands near the brakes and not on your drops! Cyclists may give you the evil eye for having the TT bike but they will appreciate your etiquette. I'll go on record to say the only exception for this would be anyone who gets out in front and pulls for the group. Much like we do at hanes point in the morning rides, those in front are normally on the drops.

Pace??? I get the feeling our group will probably split into 2 smaller groups. I have the DC race the following weekend so I'll probably be taking it a tad easier but here are some suggestions for organizing ourselves into pace groups:

16 - 18mph
18 - 22mph

If we start at 8 (which is most likely) then for those shooting for 100km then we'll need to avg at least 20mph.

Ok that is all. Please confirm you'll be there on Sunday and shoot me an email at ryan.troll@gmail.com or post here to indicate whether you'll be meeting me at the Lincoln or at the registration tent.

Ryan

PS: My celly is 585-415-7042 should you need to contact me.

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 295
POSTED: 6/10/10 12:41 AM

I'll be at the registration tent @ 7:30. The past two years, they've closed the course sooner than scheduled, so an earlier start is better.

And +1 on keeping off the aerobars if you're in any sort of group (and two count as a group here). It's just not safe, especially given the number of slower folks that will be out there just trying to get 2 or 4 laps in. I'll make it a point to drop you like a bad habit if you're on the extensions and tucked in behind me.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria