Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Giant Acorn International - October 3
CREATED: 09/17/09 by breeyag REPLIES: 13
breeyag's ravatar breeyag    JOINED: 4/13/09    POSTS: 17
Giant Acorn International - October 3
POSTED: 9/17/09 9:01 AM

Is anybody heading down to Lake Anna for the Giant Acorn Int'l on 3 Oct? I'm seriously considering it. I just finished my first Oly - the Patriot's in Williamsburg this past weekend. And I'd love to get one more in before winter. My only concern is that I'm traveling the next couple of weeks and won't be able to get in a lot of training. But while this one doesn't look as easy as Patriot's (pretty much flat the whole bike and run), it looks manageable (knock on wood) and I can hopefully improve on my swim time.

Since it doesn't start until 10am, I was just thinking of driving to the race site that morning and saving on lodging expenses.

Anyone else participating?

adeline    JOINED: 9/21/09    POSTS: 5
RE: Giant Acorn International - October 3
POSTED: 9/22/09 1:18 PM

Hey there,
Im looking to do that race as well, i was training with a friend who has since gotten injured, so im looking for the best way to get down there. Let me know if you decide to go, maybe we can coordinate!

nhstetson    JOINED: 8/6/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 9/22/09 5:37 PM

I'm signed up and planning on going down that morning. I've never done it before but sounds like it should be a good race.

Noah

POSTED: 9/23/09 3:52 PM

that was also my gameplan. are you leaving from dc?

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 9/30/09 5:57 PM

if you guys need a ride down to the race on 10/3 i'm going down and have room on the roof rack for 2 bikes, and in the car for 2 people, i am not bringing a bike but working the race itself with race management.

leaving from alexandria race morning to be there at transition area opening time.

justin

skelly99's ravatar skelly99    JOINED: 3/1/09    POSTS: 37
POSTED: 9/30/09 8:48 PM

I know that there are at least four of us ex-NTPers doing the sprint on Sunday, driving down that morning as well.

Seth

POSTED: 9/30/09 9:12 PM

i'll be going down both days in all likelihood if someone needs a ride either day down and back post up.

justin

POSTED: 10/01/09 11:09 AM

Justin,
I might take you up on the ride to the oct 3 race, maybe you can shoot me an email or give me a call to see if it makes sense to coordinate: adeline.heymann@gmail.com or 339 223 9294.
Thanks!

POSTED: 10/01/09 12:25 PM

Sent email

hannanguyen    JOINED: 5/19/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 10/01/09 1:45 PM

Are y'all wearing wetsuits this weekend? I can't decide whether it will be too cold without one, and I have never practice with a wetsuit.

Thanks!
Hanna

POSTED: 10/01/09 1:53 PM

i'm not doing the race but if i was i would be wearing one unless the race official told me that the water was above the legal limit to wear one.

if all yoru practice is without a wetsuit then you can always go without one regardless if that is what you are comfortable with. remember you still have today and tomorrow to try out a wetsuit in a pool to get used to the feel

Lorax's ravatar Lorax    JOINED: 1/20/11    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 9/24/11 3:29 PM

I'm doing the race Oct 1st - heading down and back from Capitol Hill same day! Carolyn

danindc's ravatar danindc    JOINED: 3/20/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 9/25/11 9:16 PM

Hi. I'm doing the International distance too and was thinking about heading down Friday night and/or staying over Saturday. Looked online and it seemed like there were a lot of decent places to rent right on the lake. Anyone interested?

Dan

mslohman66t    JOINED: 1/18/12    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 10/05/12 3:46 PM

I am also doing Acorn. I will drive down early tomorrow morning. I can fit a couple more bikes on my bike rack if anyone needs a ride. I need to get back right after the race (kid duty).

At a minimum, it would be fun to all meet up at the race. Is there going to be a DC Tri tent or something like that for us to aggregate?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria