Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

BIG George Tri (at Lake George, NY) Sep 2
CREATED: 05/28/12 by wellnow14 REPLIES: 2
wellnow14    JOINED: 8/29/11    POSTS: 73
BIG George Tri (at Lake George, NY) Sep 2
POSTED: 5/28/12 10:22 AM

Anybody ever done this tri? I am considering doing the half IM Labor day weekend and looking for reviews -- good course? not so much??

Dan

Gato's ravatar Gato    JOINED: 4/25/11    POSTS: 46
RE: BIG George Tri (at Lake George, NY) Sep 2
POSTED: 5/29/12 8:39 AM

Dan,
I did it in 2010, that was my first Oly. Check out my race report on Beginnertriathlete.com (Unit1158 is my name there). The swim is simply awesome! Crystal clear clean water. If course is the same, bike is smooth roads and fast (3 climbs of note, the first mile or two is up hill, but transitions to a fast decent, don't blow up at the start save is for Junkyard climb). That is cycling country up there so your competition will be alongside some great cyclists, beat them on the run. Run is not special, but the race was well done. I recommend you do it and spend a weekend or more up there, it is nice (although Lake George is very busy and a little tacky, there are a ton of smaller lakes which are better for camping or renting a house. If you drag family with you they have a bunch of stuff to do at the race site while you are suffering. Lake Luzerne (sp?) is awesome, for swiming, no boats and clean water if you are staying for a few days. Good luck.
Jason

wellnow14    JOINED: 8/29/11    POSTS: 73
RE: BIG George Tri (at Lake George, NY) Sep 2
POSTED: 6/01/12 6:37 PM

Jason

Sounds perfect -- I am gunning for my first Half and this looks great (better than the now-cancelled National harbor I'd originally planned to do)

Thanks!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria