Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Profiles
CREATED: 03/02/09 by mccannjl REPLIES: 9
mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
Profiles
POSTED: 3/02/09 3:05 PM

Do we need to re-do our profiles? how to do that?

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1068
RE: Profiles
POSTED: 3/02/09 3:53 PM

As I found out the hard way (sorry Eric), don't change your profiles and ESPECIALLY, passwords, right now.

Some of the profile management things are locked down right now so that all of the databases can 'talk' to each other.

These options will be opened up later.

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 185
POSTED: 3/02/09 5:37 PM

Looks like my old password from last year is working, but this year's is having trouble. I will be patient!

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 3/02/09 9:02 PM

As long as I can read the forum.... I am good. Other then that website looks awesome.

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 3/03/09 9:10 AM

I had to reset my password, but I assume that doesn't indicate a problem with my account or profile?

jen_'s ravatar jen_    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 162
POSTED: 3/03/09 10:00 AM

I was operating with 2 usernames - one that I'd register/renew with (jen_), and the other I'd post with (Jen). I stuck with the latter because it was what I first started with back in, oh, 2003, but had to create the former when the 'new' system was first set up and names had to be 4 characters long.

Oh well. I'm sure I'm still recognizable by my Yoga Booty Ballet picture.

Jen(_)

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:16 PM

Hi everyone,

The new site looks great. For some reason, I do not see an option for uploading my profile picture in my profile…any advice on where this option may be in the new site?

Also, is anyone participating in the National Marathon on March 26th?

All the best, Adriana

Eric's ravatar Eric    JOINED: 8/18/04    POSTS: 275
Profiles and Avatars
POSTED: 3/04/09 7:35 AM

USERNAME AND PASSWORDS
A couple things to keep in mind-- in the old system each person had two profiles/logins (forum and membership) and the big push was to combine those into ONE profile for this new system. While both systems were supposedly in sync at times there were differences and as you know you were using your Forum user/pass to login. However the membership user/pass was the most critical and that info is what is being used now. For MOST of you that login is one in the same. If you don't know/remember your password- check out the next section.

LOST OR UNKNOWN PASSWORD
Don't know your password? Just click the Login, then the "Forgot Password?". Enter your email on record and it will be emailed to you instantly.

PROFILE INFO
Your general profile can be updated in "Manage Profile" within the "Members" section of the site (linked from the top of every page). Currently you can not change your username or password-- soon you will be able to change this as well.

You can go ahead and upload or change your avatar by clicking the "Profile" button within the Forum pages. You must login to see this button option. Remember that they are square images - 75x75 pixels.

Hope that helps.

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 3/12/09 4:02 PM

Thanks Eric for the info!

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1068
POSTED: 3/12/09 4:30 PM

On the topic of member profiles....

I've noticed several names in the membership list that don't have addresses listed in their profiles. Please take a moment and make sure that A) your address is listed and B) the address that's listed is current.

If either of those aren't true, you won't receive your membership gear.

It seems that this is more of a problem for our newest NTP members.

Thanks!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria