Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ROL Race SL Wheels
CREATED: 01/10/12 by JohnT REPLIES: 3
JohnT's ravatar JohnT    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 10
ROL Race SL Wheels
POSTED: 1/10/12 1:40 PM

I'm looking to upgrade my stock wheelset to something less than $1,000. ROL Race SL wheels seem to be a less-expensive version of the Zipp 101s. Please let me know if anyone has used the SLs, and whether there are any pros/cons. Thanks!

mchaney's ravatar mchaney    JOINED: 7/29/10    POSTS: 24
RE: ROL Race SL Wheels
POSTED: 1/10/12 4:20 PM

I bought a ROL Race SL wheelset last year and have been really happy with them thus far. Definite upgrade from my Mavic Aksiums. Light, stiff and tough. Their owner seems pretty cool (was willing to get me the wheels in time for tri on a tight timeline) and a college friend works with Alchemy Bicycle Co. out of Austin and vouches for the company (ROL is based there as well).

JohnT's ravatar JohnT    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 1/10/12 8:45 PM

Great to hear, thanks!

dixonm's ravatar dixonm    JOINED: 7/1/09    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 1/11/12 9:34 AM

Check out the SRAM S40/S60 as well. SRAM bought Zipp recently and the SRAM wheels are based on the old Zipp mold. I bought a set of S60 front/S80 rear for my tri bike and have been very happy with them. A little heavier than Zipp carbon clinchers, but weight isn't really the primary concern on a TT bike anyway. The benefit is that they're super durable--I have no qualms training and racing on them.

Matt

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria