Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

St. Michael's Century on September 18th
CREATED: 08/31/10 by cvegh REPLIES: 4
cvegh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
St. Michael's Century on September 18th
POSTED: 8/31/10 1:01 PM

Has anybody done this century before? Is it nice/well organized? I can't do the century on Sept 19th and I'm thinking about this one. But I'm a little bit put off by the fact that they don't even seem to have a proper website (aside from the typical active.com registration page). Most centuries have a webpage with cue sheets/info and so forth. Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Carlos.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1051
RE: St. Michael's Century on September 18th
POSTED: 8/31/10 3:04 PM

Some friends of mine from work are trying to talk me into doing it. I don't know anything about it but I do know that roads over there are pretty nice so it has to be decent and scenery should be nice. The other thing I know is that Bob Roll is going to be there. Presumably wearing his RoadID.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 8/31/10 11:32 PM

I'm a Bobke fan but is he going to be wearing a helmet for this ride? When he did that ride with the contest winner at the Tour de France, he went up the mountain without a helmet. I guess it's a little safer going uphill without a helmet because of the slower speed but it still doesn't seem too smart.

That said, it does sound fun to go on a ride with Bob Roll. I doubt I'll sign up, but who knows? Maybe I'll be so pumped up after Nation's that I'll be itchin' to do a century the same week.

cvegh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 9/07/10 9:50 PM

On the same broadcast, they explained later on that the other guy had not brought a helmet and hence Bob gave him his figuring out that he would be best positioned to bear the risk (and I guess avoid a lawsuit if this guest suffered a head injury). So it was not Bob's fault!

I'm planning to do this century; I hope we'll have several people show up as for the Bay Country Century, which was a great course and great fun!

Carlos.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 9/07/10 10:06 PM

Oh, OK. That makes me more of a Bobke fan then. Like I said, I think he's a great commentator and all-around cycling celebrity.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria