Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Cyclelife trainer classes
CREATED: 11/21/11 by novasupra REPLIES: 4
novasupra's ravatar novasupra    JOINED: 12/3/09    POSTS: 70
Cyclelife trainer classes
POSTED: 11/21/11 11:06 PM

Has anyone ever used the fitness facilities at cyclelife? I've heard they have computrainer classes available. Looking for a place to get some trainer rides in during the off season.

-Lester

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
RE: Cyclelife trainer classes
POSTED: 11/22/11 9:49 AM

They do have Computrainer classes as does Spokes on Quaker Lane. Just call Cyclelife and see what the deal is. Nice location - brunch in G-town afterwards - yum - off season can be fun and tasty.

janiehayes    JOINED: 5/16/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 11/22/11 12:00 PM

I attend CL's computrainer classes a couple times a week during the winter. Highly recommended as an efficient (if painful) way to maintain or gain bike fitness.

You can sign up for evening classes (Mon, Wed and Thurs) here: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=9200

Let me know if you have more specific questions.

novasupra's ravatar novasupra    JOINED: 12/3/09    POSTS: 70
POSTED: 11/22/11 10:48 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Just curious, how challenging were the classes? Are they somewhat structured or is just a guy barking out random orders on a bike? Do they use the ergvideo on the CT or do they just the CT for data recording?

Also, how is the facility? I've been to the store and the juice bar but never saw the trainer area? Do they just clear out an area of their store?

janiehayes    JOINED: 5/16/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 11/23/11 1:35 PM

Oh they are PLENTY challenging. The morning classes tend to use a combination of the Sufferfest videos (ouch) and erg file workouts built for the computrainer, which automatically adjust resistance to ensure you maintain certain power outputs throughout the workout. Lots of lactate threshold work. No barking instructors whatsoever, in fact they rarely talk (except to offer some advice and encouragement) and just let you focus on the workout.

The space is fine. The morning classes are now held in the mechanic bay area; the evening classes may be upstairs in the fitness center but I am not sure. Big screens and good speakers. Small classes - about 7-8 each.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria