Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Olympic Distance Training Program
CREATED: 01/27/11 by JohnT REPLIES: 4
JohnT's ravatar JohnT    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 10
Olympic Distance Training Program
POSTED: 1/27/11 7:41 PM

I'm going into my 3rd season of tris, stepping it up from sprint to olympic distance this June. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction for a good 16-week olympic training program. All of my research has resulted in programs that are either way too "beginner" or "advanced," with no intermediate options that match my experience/skill level.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1794
RE: Olympic Distance Training Program
POSTED: 1/27/11 10:32 PM

You might keep your eyes open for the club's Oly training program, which I think will soon be announced.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 1/27/11 11:21 PM

i have found that by taking the "advanced" schedule and then toning it down by about 1/4 or so to start with always seemed to work well if i thought i was "intermediate" shape at the time.

sometimes i was too optimistic, and would have to cut down the volume or intensity by another 1/4 or so and that would literally get me to the intermediate level that worked for me, but hey everyone is different.

I've always felt that training is a little bit of trial and error even with the "best" training program since nobody really knows 100% (ok maybe professional athletes do) how any particular training schedule will affect them and how much their body can take on in a given time period.

you probably know a good amount of what your body can take from 3 years of training.

good luck and have fun training.

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 223
POSTED: 2/03/11 9:12 PM

Details of the club's olympic distance program are here:

http://dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Train.Olympic_Training_Program

Registration opens in March, kicks off in April. I did it last year and got a lot out of it.

Kevin

JohnT's ravatar JohnT    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 2/05/11 1:53 PM

Thank you very much for the information, but I'm training for the DC Triathlon in June, so the timing for this program won't work out. If anyone else knows of any solid programs online or in a book, I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria