Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Black Bear
CREATED: 05/24/10 by ellove524 REPLIES: 3
ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
Black Bear
POSTED: 5/24/10 8:12 AM

Congrats to all who competed at Black Bear yesterday! The very hilly and rainy bike course was definitely a challenge. It was great seeing a few DC Tri folks out on the course.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
RE: Black Bear
POSTED: 5/24/10 8:27 AM

Yeah congrats to you guys who took on the new Black Bear Olympic Distance. How was it? You are the First!
EDIT: Oh I see you said it was hilly and rainy - wow

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 5/24/10 2:43 PM

The Black Bear Olympic bike course had the promised hills. For most of the course I felt as though I was either struggling to make it up an incline or flying down a decent, though the wet conditions caused me to be a little more cautious in regard to speeds. The swim course was one loop, with a nice current working in our favor for the majority of the course. The run course was 2-loops of a mostly flat, trail course. All in all, I thought it was nice race; however, the bike course is challenging and you must be prepared for the hills. The area was scenic, though the weather yesterday kind of detracted from that.

jane456's ravatar jane456    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
POSTED: 5/24/10 6:15 PM

Good to see DC Tri representing at Black Bear yesterday! Splitting the races up over two days meant there was no waiting to get into the parking lot. Hooray!
I had a terrible time shifting on the bike, and dropped my chain TWICE (!!!). Not sure if the rain made it hard to grip the shifters, or I just don't know what I'm doing. Oh well.
I'm possibly biased because my parents live 30 minutes away and I love Pennsylvania, but I'd recommend this race.

Lindsey

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria