Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

SRAM S60 Aero Wheels
CREATED: 08/15/11 by dieguein REPLIES: 4
dieguein    JOINED: 1/2/11    POSTS: 8
SRAM S60 Aero Wheels
POSTED: 8/15/11 12:03 AM

I'm looking for aero wheels in the $1200 to $1500 price range and was looking at the SRAM S60. Any pros or cons? I've read of their heavy weight but good aero performance. The price is great, but I've notice that al least in the last 3 tris I've done no bike had SRAM wheels! Mostly Zipps and I don't have the budget for those. Any experiences with SRAM S60s? Thanks!

Diego

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
RE: SRAM S60 Aero Wheels
POSTED: 8/15/11 10:27 AM

I've heard that S60s have almost the exact same profile as non-firecrest zipp 404s. Go to the slowtwitch forum and search S60, you'll get dozens of threads discussing this very topic.

Dammiles    JOINED: 4/16/11    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 8/15/11 11:06 AM

You could get planet x wheels in that range - they are pretty fast in my experience. If you have not seen them here much it's because it's a UK company.

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 296
POSTED: 8/15/11 11:07 AM

SRAM is now the parent company of Zipp - the rim profile is the same as the old 404 (non-Firecrest) clincher, pre-dimples. Construction methods are lower cost, so they're slightly heavier at the rim, and the hubs and spokes are lower-cost than Zipps as well. If you're not counting every gram, they're a great option. Rims are aluminum, which means that you don't have to worry about switching out your brake pads.

daveck7's ravatar daveck7    JOINED: 3/29/11    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 8/15/11 2:07 PM

I ride a pair of SRAM S80s and highly recommend them. I have owned other brands as well but haven’t noticed much of a difference. Will have them at the club training tri this weekend if you want to check them out.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria