Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Anyone else doing Eagleman and Washington DC Tri back-to-back?
CREATED: 05/24/10 by PotomacTriathlete2009 REPLIES: 6
PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
Anyone else doing Eagleman and Washington DC Tri back-to-back?
POSTED: 5/24/10 5:06 PM

I was just wondering if I'm the only overly ambitious (or foolish) person out here trying to do both races. Obviously I'll have to put more of an effort into Eagleman. I think I should be able to get through the WDC Tri (Olympic distance) in decent shape, although I know I won't be fully recovered from Eagleman. Eagleman is on June 13 while the inaugural WDC Tri is on June 20.

At least WDC Tri is truly local and I won't have to stay in a hotel that weekend.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Eagleman/dctri double
POSTED: 5/24/10 5:20 PM

i can almost guarantee you won't be the only person pulling that double or the eagleman/philly tri double.

there are way too many over eager/ambitious/foolish people in the sport of triathlon not to do what you are doing.

good luck and have fun

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 977
RE: Anyone else doing Eagleman and Washington DC Tri back-to-back?
POSTED: 5/24/10 5:22 PM

It all depends on you, man. If you're body can take that abuse, then who's to tell you otherwise? I did back to back Oly's last year (Saturday / Sunday) and my right leg paid the price for it with shin splints. (It was on a triple dog dare and I was not allowed to refuse. THANKS Neal!)

But it'll be about which race you're more concerned about as your goal race. However, you're NOT allowed to let back to back races become an excuse for why you didn't do as well at one (or both) of the races that you did. :)

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
POSTED: 5/24/10 5:34 PM

If I'm feeling worn out for WDC, I'll just go for the experience and not worry too much about my time. I signed up for it because it was too tempting to have an OWS triathlon right here in D.C. and not do it. I'm also doing the Nation's Tri in Sept. but at least I'll have plenty of time to prepare and recover for that one.

After WDC I'm planning on a couple weeks of "transition" time, focusing more on rest and recovery than anything else. Nothing too long or too intense in those weeks.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 977
POSTED: 5/24/10 5:37 PM

You actually signed up to swim in the Potomac River TWICE in one year? And it was too tempting to do it!?!?! You might want to get genetic testing done before and after the races to make sure no mutations happened. :)

jvance    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 5/24/10 5:46 PM

Doing the Eagleman/Philly route. Also doing Nations and the Savage Double. There's something seriously wrong with me.

POSTED: 5/24/10 5:50 PM

I think the Nation's/Savageman double qualifies you for insane status! Good luck on those tough hills at Savageman.

bcfrank:
I hadn't thought of that. Don't worry. I eat plenty of dark green vegetables. That will insulate me from the toxins. I don't know if it will protect me from the hormones though. Scientists have found male fish in the river with ovaries, possibly from too many people flushing pills down the toilet. My wetsuit should protect me, I think. I hope. That's what the brochure said.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria