Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Need bike trainer
CREATED: 02/14/10 by lbrinkac REPLIES: 7
lbrinkac's ravatar lbrinkac    JOINED: 2/4/10    POSTS: 9
Need bike trainer
POSTED: 2/14/10 8:42 AM

If you are looking to sell your trainer, please let me know.

lotus975    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
RE: Need bike trainer
POSTED: 2/15/10 8:15 AM

Hey,
I just saw this post from a Team in Training email from someone who is selling their trainer. Here is their email cassigalt79@gmail.com . Good luck!
Jotika

mildmanneredreporter's ravatar mildmanneredreporter    JOINED: 8/20/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 2/16/10 2:39 PM

I have an old Performance trainer that I'd be more than happy to give you if you want to lug it away. (I live downtown NW DC.) Magnetic, variable resistance. Only really annoying thing is that it must pre-date quick-release skewers -- it doesn't have a big enough notch in the skewer-nut holder to accommodate the quick-release lever. (Like how I'm making up words as I go along?) You may have to pirate an old skewer from the 10-speed in your garage and swap it in when you want to train.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 2/16/10 4:14 PM

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
POSTED: 2/16/10 10:30 PM

To Mildmannerreporter:

I have one of those old school Performance trainers. It's where you take off your front wheel and attach the fork to a frame. It is now my secondary one as I broke down and decided to keep up with the joneses.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 898
POSTED: 2/17/10 11:31 AM

Performance Bicycles is having a sale on indoor cycling equipment with 20% off sales and such. You can go here and check it out. They're having sales on lots of other items as well.

But as always, look around at other stores as well, as some stores might have prices that are better than these sale prices.

ryan's ravatar ryan    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 2/19/10 7:24 PM

I have an '05 Blackburn Defender Magnetic trainer that is just sitting around. It has been in the "stuff to put on Craigs list pile" for a year.
It works well, but is noisy as @!$# (the reason I upgraded to a fluid trainer).

$25 and its yours! (even though I should probably pay you to take it just to get it out of the living room)

lbrinkac's ravatar lbrinkac    JOINED: 2/4/10    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 2/23/10 11:54 AM

Thanks for everyone's posts! I found what I was looking for.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria