Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

NTP Registration
CREATED: 03/03/09 by arabolu REPLIES: 20
arabolu's ravatar arabolu    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
NTP Registration
POSTED: 3/03/09 10:34 AM

Is the registration already closed ? I logged in at 10:20 to sign up and tried to add NTP training to my shopping cart but it said the item was unavailable at this time ?! I hope I didn't miss out !

jk108    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 2
RE: NTP Registration
POSTED: 3/03/09 10:52 AM

I experienced the same thing! Now I logged out and logged back in and now the registration is closed! :( Hope to get info on trainings and participation anyways.

Mickey    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/03/09 10:54 AM

I was on at 9:53am just in case and I was able to get through and complete it in about 5 minutes. But I didn't get a confirmation of being in the program...

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 3/03/09 10:55 AM

By 10:10 we were already at capacity this year. If you contact the NTP folks they may still be able to get you some pointers on other training programs.

LMR6478's ravatar LMR6478    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 3/03/09 10:56 AM

I experienced the same thing as Mickey, but I did get a confirmation from Paypal regarding my payment and I can click through to the NTP training page, so I hope that means I'm in.

Lisamk1034    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:05 AM

I got caught up at school and by 10:15 couldn't get in. I'm really disappointed, I was looking forward to it. Anyone know of any other programs in the area?

edgarnett    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:06 AM

Yeah same as LMR6478 - I got an email confirmation from Paypal and can get on the training page now.

mckerwin    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:07 AM

I signed up at literally 10 on the dot and was able to get in. I got the Paypal email as well, but when I try to get to the NTP training page, it just says that I have to purchase access to it. My payment went through, so I'm hoping that means I'm in. I'm sure we'll be getting an email soon. I can't believe it sold out in 10 minutes!!

kmniland    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:11 AM

I heard the YMCA at 17th and RI also has a tri training program but don't know the details. It might be worth checking out if you didn't get in. Good luck!

tmdb57    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:13 AM

Yeah, I got in and got the paypal confirmation but can't get into the NTP training site yet. Hope I'm in but I have the payment confirmation so must assume I am. yea! Wow.

rcole's ravatar rcole    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:19 AM

I signed up, couldn't get into the NTP page, but then logged out and back in and now can. For those who can't access the page, you might want to try that.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:31 AM

Thank you all for your amazing interest in our program. If you did not get in, as Joe mentioned, we have a club of 800+ paying members, and many more with usernames. Most of the club did not enter through NTP (like me). We have a wealth of training advice, workout options, and social opportunities which don't require NTP. Come to one of our regional happy hours this Wed, attend one of our posted group workouts, or simply post on the forum and ask for advice. This is your club and you can get exactly what you want out of it. Just do it. Thanks,
Simon

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:45 AM

The YMCA at 17th and Rhode Island does have a new triathlete program - details at http://ytriynot.com/

Sign up was in January, but they may allow late members to join. You must be a member of the YMCA to participate and most workouts are in the morning or on weekends.
Trisha

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 3/03/09 11:51 AM

+1 for what Simon said
NTP is not the only way to get into this sport. There's tons of information through this club and its many members, various websites (usatriathlon.org, beginnertriathlete.com, slowtwitch.com, trifuel.com, trinewbies.com, etc.), and countless books.
-Jason

palomine84    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/03/09 12:33 PM

I got a paypal confirmation as well - but can't enter the training page - hope it worked!

janice    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 3/03/09 1:25 PM

The NTP program is very popular, as many of you have experienced this morning. For those who were unable to register, please keep in mind that the club offers a number of training opportunities, clinics and training events throughout the year. If your interested in completing your first triathlon there are plenty of resources and no doubt if you come out to a social event, plenty of folks will be willing to talk about the sport.
Clinics are posted to the forum and many of them are available at no cost. Training events and group workouts are also posted to the forum regularly.

austindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 3/03/09 1:40 PM

I have the same status. I registered at 10:00 and have the paypal confirmation, but, cannot access the NTP site. So, I think I'm in.I'd guess we'd get some sort of formal confimation soon.

gingerkr    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 3/03/09 2:05 PM

I have a receipt from PayPal as well, but no confirmation yet. Fingers crossed that I'm in...

candrews's ravatar candrews    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 3/03/09 2:08 PM

same thing here—i registered, paid, got the paypal confirmation, but still haven't been able to log into the NTP page. i emailed joe and he said if you got a paypal confirmation, you're all set. hope that's right!

kemerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 3/03/09 3:37 PM

I got in at 10:01. I also got a paypal confim and nothing else. I am sure everything is taken care of...........I hope. I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone in the group.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria