Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

HIM Training Program
CREATED: 03/03/09 by Tamara REPLIES: 23
Tamara's ravatar Tamara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
HIM Training Program
POSTED: 3/03/09 2:34 PM

I noticed that the front webpage says that registration is going to open the morning of Wed, 4 March. The program happy hour to talk with the coaches and learn more about the program isn't until the evening of March 4th. Can I suggest to whomever is the decision-maker that registration be postponed until Thurs or Fri to allow folks time to attend the happy hour and get information to make a decision?

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
RE: HIM Training Program
POSTED: 3/03/09 3:35 PM

The HIP is not going to sell out at least not within a day. We don't anticipate the same demand as NTP since it is a new program. Also as of right now the program is open for all to see and next weeks training plan is open for people to view/help them make their decision.

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 3/03/09 4:13 PM

Where was the info about the HIP happy hour on March 4th? Did I miss something?

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 3/03/09 4:33 PM

Nevermind. I found the info under the "Happy hour" topic here.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 3/03/09 4:38 PM

Planning to log in right on time and sign up. Hope there are spots for the rest of you....
:::^b::

POSTED: 3/03/09 5:11 PM

The first week is posted here. It's time to train already?!

http://www.dctriclub.org/uploads/file/HTP_Week1.pdf

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 3/03/09 5:41 PM

You weren't out training all winter? ;-)

And the first week doesn't actually start until Saturday, March 7 with the first group workout on the 14th.

minime's ravatar minime    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 48
POSTED: 3/04/09 5:57 PM

How many people are you accepting into the HIM Training Program?

garth1175's ravatar garth1175    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 3/05/09 3:59 PM

I'm interested in joining the HIM training program. Is there a forum to post questions before joining since I wasn't able to attend the happy hour?

Questions like: How often and where with the training group meet?

POSTED: 3/06/09 2:15 PM

I'll try to answer your question here and there is more information on the program page.

There is going to be at least one official group training activity each week, most likely a ride or a run. Where and when will be decided each week by the group co-leaders and communicated to everyone in the training group. There should be variety in the locations as no one wants to spend all of their time riding in circles around Hains Point.

Additionally, members of the group who are interested can post and put together other group rides/runs/swims. For example, the group ride from W&L High School in Arlington this Saturday morning.

POSTED: 3/09/09 9:43 PM

2500 swim first workout - you gotta love that. ouch.

POSTED: 3/09/09 10:20 PM

We realized after the Happy Hour that the swim workouts might be a little too challenging for where everyone is right now. New, adjusted workouts should be posted soon - I'm sorry that I didn't get that done before today. If they aren't up and you'd like me to send them to you, send me an email at HIP@dctriclub.org.

In the meantime, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Right?

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 3/10/09 11:21 AM

New swim workouts are posted.

Although I will say my Ironman this year is before either of the HIP races and I have only swam 1000 yards since January. :-)

toma's ravatar toma    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 3/11/09 11:24 PM

Hi, Will Training Duathlon replace Saturday organized ride or did I miss the post for it?

Tom

POSTED: 3/16/09 3:34 PM

Heya,
What do we mean, in the wed bike, by "do 5
sets of 1 minute at level 4, 30 seconds at level 5"?
Is that HR zone 4 and 5? Thanks.

craia's ravatar craia    JOINED: 3/15/09    POSTS: 39
POSTED: 3/16/09 6:17 PM

Hi everyone - my name is Christina, and my husband Peter and I just signed up for this. We were members of DC Tri a few years ago, moved away for awhile, but now we're back. Didn't do much tri-ing while we were away, so should be interesting doing this now that I'm out of shape and three years older...

Anyhow, looking forward to meeting you all. We'll have a chance to talk when you lap me...

POSTED: 3/17/09 11:41 AM

Simon,

Sorry about my inconsistency. Yes, those should be HR Zones 4 and 5. As you do that workout, remember that in that short a time - especially the 30 seconds in Zone 5 - your heart rate probably won't catch up to your actual intensity level so you should use perceived exertion as more of a guide than the Heart Rate your monitor shows. Also, remember that biking zones are lower than running zones for most people so don't worry if you don't get as high a heart rate as while running.

To everyone - for some of you, starting this program is an increase in your training time and distance. If so and you are feeling at all tired, skip the intervals and just ride in Zones 1 & 2. Increasing intensity and duration at the same time can easily lead to overtraining, injury or illness. If you have specific questions, let me know.

And Joe, I don't know that it's a good sign when I've swum more than you have.

Michele

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 3/17/09 5:11 PM

Is there a training ride this Saturday? I know the workout plan calls for a brick but I didn't see if there was a list for specific group workouts yet.
Thanks!
Mimi :)

chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 334
POSTED: 3/19/09 12:18 PM

In case you didn't see the e-mail, this week's group ride will be on Sunday from Peirce Mill. We will role out at 9:30 and head up Beach Drive in Rock Creek Park. Peirce Mill is number 1 on the map and there are two parking lots - and bathrooms. We'll be in the larger of the two lots.

garth1175's ravatar garth1175    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 3/20/09 12:15 PM

Im new and in for Sunday's ride.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria