Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Mt. Vernon trail conditions?
CREATED: 02/14/10 by kkaufer REPLIES: 5
kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
Mt. Vernon trail conditions?
POSTED: 2/14/10 3:28 PM

Did anyone have a chance to check out the Mt. Vernon trail this weekend and see if it's 'runnable'? After doing a long run on the treadmill this morning, I'm just about ready to jump out the window... Please tell me I don't have to do this again next weekend... thanks

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
RE: Mt. Vernon trail conditions?
POSTED: 2/14/10 3:47 PM

I live in MV, trail looks great if you have XC skis, not for running though.

kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
POSTED: 2/14/10 4:55 PM

Aargh! Good to know. Thanks for info!

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1773
POSTED: 2/14/10 5:50 PM

On the northern end too, by the Key Bridge, it remains unplowed.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 2/14/10 11:33 PM

I'd add the same for the WB&A Trail. The only part that is clear is what is on roads.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
POSTED: 2/15/10 6:17 AM

Yeah, I crossed above it on the Metro Yellow Line on Saturday. I didn't see asphalt anywhere on the trail, only snow. I did manage to walk home from downtown D.C. to Arlington last Tuesday night. Not by choice. The above-ground Metro rails and stations closed early that night so I got stuck downtown. My only option was to walk all the way back across the 14th St. Bridge since there were no taxis anywhere. Not fun and not recommended.

A tree was down at the north end of the bridge, near the Jefferson Memorial. It was pretty hairy trying to get around that tree right at the top of that slope with 16 inches of snow on the ground. And walking over the river on that sidewalk was no picnic either.

I didn't take the MVT once I got to the other side. Let's just say that I "may" have seen another side to I-395 that most of us never do.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria