Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

8/1, Mt. Weather Ride
CREATED: 07/30/09 by siehndel REPLIES: 9
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1050
8/1, Mt. Weather Ride
POSTED: 7/30/09 10:24 PM

It looks like we've got at least a small group headed out to Mt. Weather on Saturday. Let's meet at the Mashall, VA park & ride at 8:00 and clip in and roll at 8:15. We'll do our best to roll out at exactly 8:15 so that we can get back to DC in time to enjoy the afternoon. And maybe get in another workout.

Cue Sheet is available Here »
Please bring your own copy of the cue sheet because there won't be anyone sweeping on the ride.

Let's use this thread to reply so that it doesn't get confused with the regular Saturday ride.

I'll probably ride with Toby and Ben and have room for one more bike with a departure from the Hill.

If there are more details, we'll post here tomorrow. It's a beautiful ride, I'm looking forward to it.

Travis

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1050
RE: 8/1, Mt. Weather Ride
POSTED: 7/30/09 10:28 PM

PS-

Last time I did this ride the cue sheet was a little messed up. I'll look for another one and post it here. It's also an easy fix and we'll make sure everyone is set before we roll out.

-Travis

Kalessin's ravatar Kalessin    JOINED: 6/25/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 7/31/09 12:39 PM

I'll be leaving from Arlington (Old Dominion and 25th St N) if anyone needs a ride?

I have room for one more.

Chad's ravatar Chad    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 7/31/09 3:30 PM

Cue Sheet -

http://bikewashington.org/routes/bluerdg/que.htm

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 8/07/09 11:57 AM

is there a mt weather ride going off tomorrow 8/8? if so who is going?

POSTED: 8/07/09 12:04 PM

Next weekend most likely...I will be out there Aug 15th for some Mt Weather repeats again if any one wants to join in the suffering...

This time out looking to get about 4 times up the hardest part of Mt. Weather (about 2.5 mile climb to the top of the hardest part before the rollers x 4 repeats = 10 miles), then probably 6 times up Naked Mtn. (.6 mile climb x 6 repeats = ~3.6 miles)

If anyone is game lemme know!

garydean's ravatar garydean    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 8/07/09 12:16 PM

Chad,
If you are looking to do a more focused climbing workout, you might want to consider riding from either Purcelville (parking lot by Trails End bicycle shop) or the store at the corner of Airmont and Snickerville Turnpike. The ride from the store to the beginning of Mt Weather is a good warmup, and almost all downhill on the way back -- so you can fry your legs climbing and still get home. The large lot by the store has no parking signs, but I check in with them and they let me park without any problems.

Gary

POSTED: 8/07/09 12:23 PM

How many miles does that add on and what is the loop? Is it the same just extended out to Purceville?

Is a bit longer of a drive to get to Purceville, but any way I can get something harder than just the normal Mt. Weather loop may be the ticket...too bad we don't have any 6,000 ft. 20 mile climbs around here....

garydean's ravatar garydean    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 8/07/09 12:36 PM

I do out and back from either Purcellville or the store (corner of Airmont and Snickersville Trnpk) on this route http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=807598

It is about 6 1/2 miles from Purcellville to the store and about 4 miles from the store to the base of Mt Weather -- of course you get the nice warm up of the climb out of Bluemont. Then, do hill repeats to your heart's content. It is downhill from Bluemont to the store, but rollers and uphill from the store to Purcellville.

On other good thing is that if you want to do a brick, the WO&D ends at Purcellville and makes for great (flat and shaded) running.

Good luck,
Gary

Kalessin's ravatar Kalessin    JOINED: 6/25/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 8/07/09 4:06 PM

I am going to go out, but want to start earlier than 8.30. Probably aim for 7am if anyone else keeps the same hours as me?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria