In honor of those affected by yesterday's tragedy in Boston, my friend is putting together an informal "DC Runs for Boston" on April 27.
I know its the day of the Brick-nic so for folks that are around - please join: https://www.facebook.com/events/325567724238012/?ref=3
In Boston... we decide when our Marathon is over.
Whether or not you’re from Massachusetts, whether or not you went to college in the Bay State, whether or not you’ve run the Boston Marathon… everyone knows that the only secret to running Boston is to just… keep… running…
In honor of those who were affected by the tragedy at this year’s Boston marathon, please join us for an informal DC RUNS FOR BOSTON on Saturday, April 27, 2013. To honor all of the runners who flock to the Commonwealth once a year, we will be running Massachusetts Avenue.
Meet up: 8:00 am at Columbus Circle (in front of Union Station)
Depart: 8:30 am sharp, headed North-West up Massachusetts Ave.
Course: There will be two distance options.
For a 5k, please join us as we head North-West up Mass. Ave to Scott Circle, where we will loop back towards Union Station, again on Massachusetts Ave.
For a 10k, we will continue on past Union Station as we head South-East on Massachusetts Ave., before looping back to Union Station at 15th Street, SE.
- Please show your support by wearing any Boston gear you have (Red Sox shirts, past marathon jerseys, etc.)
- All skill levels and speed are welcome.
- Spread the word: #DCRuns4Boston
- No fee, but instead, we suggest a $20 Donation to the Boston Marathon (BAA.org), one of their partner charities, or the Red Cross. *Please be weary of any marathon related scams.
- For more information or any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org