Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Good outdoor pools in DC for lap swimming
CREATED: 05/25/10 by jenlue REPLIES: 2
jenlue    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
Good outdoor pools in DC for lap swimming
POSTED: 5/25/10 10:56 AM

Now that warm weather is upon us, I am wondering whether there are any lesser-known decent outdoor pools in DC for lap swimming besides the obvious at Hains Point. I want to emphasize LAP swimming -- an outdoor pool that has only 1 lane designated for lap swimming just never seems to work out for me. For example, even though I called Banneker to confirm last summer that they did lap swimming, when I showed up there were no actual lane lines in the pool. There's a long list of outdoor pools on the DC Parks and Rec site, so has anyone given any/all of them a shot? Thanks!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: Good outdoor pools in DC for lap swimming
POSTED: 5/25/10 11:04 AM

I sometimes go to the one at 25th & R near Foggy Bottom. Only issue is that it is short of 25 (yds or ms? cant remember). So if you are swimming timed intervals, it can be frustrating. I only swim there when it is too hot in July and August to run and I can get out of the office. Feels good to jump in the pool at lunch.

PS. Although the outdoor DC pools open on Memorial Day weekend,they are only open weekends until June 21st; after June 21st they will be open daily, according to the DPR website. This includes Haines Point.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Good outdoor pools in DC for lap swimming
POSTED: 5/25/10 12:50 PM

much like the porsche tagline, but applied to dc outdoor pools:

"Hains Point, there is no substitute"

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria