Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Eagleman roll-call
CREATED: 06/11/09 by mdezee REPLIES: 19
mdezee    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 9
Eagleman roll-call
POSTED: 6/11/09 1:17 PM

Just wanted to see who else is racing in Eagleman this weekend? This will be my first real tri so very excited.

Will there be a DCTri tent or designated meeting spot on Sat or day of race?

Hope weather stays as cool as possible, in Clyde group and don't have us going off till Wave 9 ~8am, ugh!

Any tips for a rookie from those who have done this race in past?

- Matt

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
RE: Eagleman roll-call
POSTED: 6/11/09 1:42 PM

In for Aqua Velo! Last wave baby! Good luck out there.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
POSTED: 6/11/09 1:44 PM

In.

DCTri will have a tent and a good corps of volunteers there this year.

My wave (#4) starts after the first swimmer has reached the swim finish but the best news of them all is that the separations between each waves are 9 minutes!! The vertical swimmer won't face the same types of molestations in the water that normally occurs from the later waves that are typical in an event such as this.

The bad news ... they are still swimming clockwise. This shall be interesting :)

ecurunr04's ravatar ecurunr04    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 6/12/09 10:20 AM

I hope not to freak anyone out racing at Eagleman this weekend but this is from Terenzo Bozzone twitter feed:

just got killed by jelly fish, everywhere stings!

Link: http://twitter.com/terenzo1

I just thought I would give a heads up so no one is surprised on Sunday. Bring your full suits and vasaline.

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 6/12/09 10:39 AM

Oooh! Fun! Looks like it is time to see if that sunblock/seanettle replant I got last year actually works (I doubt it does).

FYI, Jason posted this site last year, but I thought I'd put it up again.
NOAA makes some predictions of Seanettles (the jellyfish in the bay) int the Chesapeake Bay at this website (no guarantees):
http://155.206.18.162/seanettles/

Ryan

DSmith's ravatar DSmith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 6/12/09 11:06 AM

I'm in... good luck everyone!!! See you there!

jpdavis's ravatar jpdavis    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 6/12/09 11:14 AM

Actually looking forward to the race this year(due to the weather forcast), compared to the heat last year, when the run felt like I was running in a SAUNA! Good luck to eveyone racing

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 6/12/09 11:16 AM

who is going to cheer/volunteer? is that another thread?

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 249
POSTED: 6/12/09 12:10 PM

I'm in... my first HIM, so no real advice to give, except have fun because whatever you (and I) do will be a PR! Oh, and I suspect body glide and sunscreen will prove to be quite useful!

I'm also quite intrigued with the vertical swimmer being in my wave (#4)... but who am I to argue or judge? Not a bad strategy for meeing women, I suppose... but Tuan, I thought you were trying to avoid being molested (and bi*@! slapped)...

see ya Sunday!

and thanks in advance to the DC Tri clubbers who are coming out to volunteer and/or cheer!

-Becky

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 971
POSTED: 6/12/09 12:13 PM

You mean this thread Jeanne? http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=306040E5-EAA2-B4DD-74D895A4B58BF0E2 :)

There even used to be a front page buzz post about it. :)

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 459
POSTED: 6/12/09 12:19 PM

Year 3 for me. Year 1 was marred by losing my timing chip in the Choptank and Year 2 was the 100-degree race... so Year 3 may be known as the jellyfish swim??

tri em's ravatar tri em    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 6/12/09 12:20 PM

In for my second EM - should be great weather for the race this year. Plus, seeing all the DC Tri peeps at the finish line (and elsewhere on the course) always makes for a very fun day.

Good to know about the jellies in advance - thanks for the heads-up.

Good luck everyone! Have fun and happy racing :)

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
POSTED: 6/12/09 12:37 PM

I'm actually in wave 6 but the thought of swimming in general has gotten me all riled up. Who knows ... all 100 lbs of me might end up in the clydesdale wave. I refused let society define me :)

Tuan

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 249
POSTED: 6/12/09 1:21 PM

that's the spirit, T-man! don't let society put a label on you; the vertical swimmer cannot be categorized!

now, in all seriousness... a question from a newbie OWS'er, do you think the full is advisable in light of the jelly fish "scare" (I"ll have to see if a friend will lend me hers)? Does vaseline really work (if I go with a john)?

thanks!

smakane's ravatar smakane    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 6/12/09 2:32 PM

I'm in and feeling OVERWHELMED with a splash of excitement!!! I switched from Athena to age group... not only for a shot at qualifying for those big races (haha)... but liking the idea of getting in the H20 earlier!! Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend... I definitely will need the DC Tri support... post-op left knee and pre-op right knee and all...

Shannon

smakane's ravatar smakane    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 6/12/09 2:38 PM

Seriously... jellyfish (or seanettles if we want to be technical)? I'm wondering about wetsuit issue as well... thoughts?

ptlori    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
POSTED: 6/12/09 7:02 PM

I'm in!!!
First half.
I am glad it isn't going to be "hot as crap" like the Richmond Duathlon. I was feelin' like the conditions would be perfect until this little jellyfish situation. My question about this is, should I get stung, will the DC Tri volunteers pee on me to take away the stinging...?

(kidding.)

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 537
POSTED: 6/12/09 11:36 PM

First 1/2 for me as well. I'll bring the DC Tri banner to hang that was left over from the training tri.
I'd suggest full wetsuit to stave off the potential stings. Better to be safe than sorry, right?
Chances are I won't wear my DC Tri gear but I'll be out there saying "go DC Tri" to those that do.
Good luck everyone!
- Adam

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
POSTED: 6/13/09 4:15 PM

Good luck tomorrow and have fun!

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 270
POSTED: 6/13/09 7:24 PM

In and can't wait for 736 am! Actually, make that 815 am, when the jellyfish are in the rearview mirror.

Good luck to everyone! See you out there!
Karen

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria