Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

PeasantMan Triathlon - The Triathlon of All Triathlons - $5
CREATED: 04/05/10 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 112
getgabby's ravatar getgabby    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 15
RE: PeasantMan Triathlon - The Triathlon of All Triathlons - $5
POSTED: 7/22/10 11:18 AM

Hi again, spot has been claimed. Ed Moser is the winner. Sounds like there is demand, so I encourage folks with an open seat to let folks know.
Gabby

ambrady    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 7/22/10 11:25 AM

Hi All...looking for a ride...any room for one and a bike? I live in Adams Morgan...you can reach me at annemariebrady19@hotmail.com thank you!

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 7/22/10 11:27 AM

I can give a ride *to* the race, but not back to DC. One of my best friends lives in Annapolis, ad I am planning to spend the afternoon there.

If anyone needs a lift to Annapolis, I'm in CapHill. abby.sanford19 at yahoo

gardengirl's ravatar gardengirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 7/22/10 11:27 AM

I have room for a person, but not a bike. (I don't have a rack).

malissazimmerman@hotmail.com

POSTED: 7/22/10 1:17 PM

Ok- got a bike rack to borrow and can give a ride plus take a bike.

POSTED: 7/22/10 2:28 PM

Ok- Anne Marie and her bike claimed the spot.

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
The Triathlon of All Triathlons - $5
POSTED: 7/24/10 4:56 PM

i am out for tomorrow and bummed.
have a great race and thanks for setting it up!

stivnik's ravatar stivnik    JOINED: 1/11/10    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 7/26/10 11:13 AM

Kudos to the volunteers for setting up and organizing this event. A Bronx cheer for our Park Ranger pal: in terms of Likability, The Man ranks below jellyfish in several polls.

The bike course was challenging, yet scenic. It was a thrill rolling through downton Annapolis, especially over the bricks. It felt Tour de France-y. Having people directing traffic and cyclist on the course made it much easier.

Tuan, keep it up and looking forward to bigger and better things from High Cloud in the future.

Plyometrically,
S. Kelley

chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 304
Tuan is AWESOME!
POSTED: 7/26/10 2:41 PM

And so is High Cloud.

Given the heat, last minute Sandy Point shenanigans, and the jellies, it was an awesome morning.

Thanks to all who were there to swim, bike, support - whatever you did, thanks!!

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 7/26/10 3:32 PM

Tuan,
Thanks for organizing and for buffering us from the [s]idiots[s] powers that be.

Cupcakes, another t-shirt, and a tan. Weekend objectives complete.

JHJ20012's ravatar JHJ20012    JOINED: 2/1/10    POSTS: 167
POSTED: 7/26/10 4:24 PM

I can only imagine what type of Vietnamese hex those park rangers are suffering under today. I'm sure it is not pretty.

Many thanks to Tuan and his legion of volunteers for a great event.

Joyce

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
PeasantMan Movie Trailer
POSTED: 8/12/10 8:33 AM

I sent this out to the PeasantMan Distro list yesterday. There is a couple of videos at the bottom of this post that some may find interesting.

The only edit is that we are now up to $6,500+ in donations/support that to a very generous donor who gave us $500 yesterday afternoon.

Tuan

========================
========================
Hello Children of Satan,

I don't know about you but now that PeasantMan is over, I have an extremely difficult time of putting in a 30 hour work week. I mean, after checking personal emails, Internet shopping, and playing solitaire, there just isn't enough time in the day for me to get any work done. I need to start working from home so that I can be more productive and efficient. I don't know how you peasants can work without General Hospital, Oprah, and Judge Mathis blaring in the background. Don't even get me started on the "my baby has 10 step dads" reruns on the The Tyra Banks Show.

Anyway, the PeasantMan Reaching The High Cloud slide show is now online. It has pictures of many of you in it. If it doesn't then it's not my fault that your parents are Communist sympathizers. There is also a PeasantMan movie trailer. The movie is called "The PeasantMan Strikes Back." It is an emotional thriller with an ending that you all will love. The URLs for both are at the bottom of this email.

===========
HIGH CLOUD
===========

Adriana has showed me the High Cloud Foundation financial books. Thanks to your generosities, High Cloud received over $6,000 in donations for PeasantMan. The donations include online via the High Cloud web page, cash and checks that many of you gave us, credit line from sponsors to purchase food, and direct supplies and food donations from various sponsors.

Adriana has also informed me that the clothes, shoes, and medals that you all dropped off at Sandy Point and GTown will make their way to Africa. High Cloud will be going to Africa in October and they will take pictures of children and adults wearing the EXACT clothes, shoes, and medals that you have donated. In other words, your donations did not go to my uncle's black market kiosk stand in Da Nang.

===========
DCTRI CLUB
===========

I just want to throw some props out there for folks on the DCTri Club Board of Directors. Those guys do a lot of stuff behind the scenes to promote the sport of triathlon and the DCTri name brand that few get to witness. Even though PeasantMan is not a DCTri event, we had their Race Director (Hugh Harris), Secretary and Volunteer Coordinator (Amanda Chadwick), and Social/Events Coordinator (Simon Hernaez) not only helping us out from the get go but were also vital parts of our inner circle of planners. Their president, Julie Kennedy, also gave us a lot of support from the beginning. Her reaction upon learning about PeasantMan was "whatever support you need, just let us know." That gave us a lot of confidence to move things forward.

These guys are not paid for what they do for DCTri. They are all volunteers with great passions and dedications for our sport. I for one have bore witness first hand to their passions, hard work, and dedications to our sport. I think that it's good to bring that up every once in awhile to recognize their efforts. I know that PeasantMan would not have occurred without them.

=======================
HISTORY OF PEASANTMAN
=======================

Those of you who were on my "Sunday Bike Ride With The Vertical Swimmer" email distro list from last year know about the insider's joke that is Ironman Vietnam. To those who do not know, Ironman Vietnam is a 0.0 mile wetsuit legal swim, 112 mile bike ride, and a 26.2 meter run. That non-sense got egged on by some folks along the way to the point where you experienced what you experienced the past 4 months with the emails and the PeasantMan event itself.

Adriana, Matt, and I sat in a Barnes and Nobel one day and litterally scribbled some stuff down on pieces of napkins. From those napkin scribbles to what you saw at PeasantMan were accumulations of about 6 months worth of planning. Along the way we were able to recruit Amanda, Hugh, Simon, Ed Moser, Carrie Campbell, Ryan Troll, Mark Z, Revolution Cycle, and WaveOne into our little inner circle to help us out with the planning and more importantly, event day executions.

I don't think that any one of us ever envisioned having 195 registered participants, 50 volunteers, 250 free Georgetown cupcakes, free Nations Triathlon gear for all volunteers and participants who were there on Sunday, free MCM entry, free wetsuit rentals, and all of the other freebees that we got. I probably turned away at least 50 other people who wanted to come. It's kinda neat if you think about it.

It was supposed to be just a small training event/BBQ among friends. Here we are six months later and there are $6,000+ in donations, clothes, shoes, and medals that will benefit children and adults in Africa. What a neat little journey it has been and what a great world we live in. You all are directly responsible for that. From everyone who helped put this together, thank you.

=======================
PEASANTMAN SLIDE SHOW
=======================

High Cloud has put together a neat little picturial/musical slide show documenting the event. Turn up your speakers and relive the moment. Scroll down to the middle of the page and click play.

High Cloud Video

High Cloud is also putting together a half marathon on 9/11 in Washington DC. If you interested in a little running action, go to the below link.

http://www.highcloud.org/20100911

========================
PEASANTMAN MOVIE TRAILER
========================

As many of you are fully aware, the liberal media has portrayed Vietnam in a very poor limelight. We are not Cambodians. We have feelings. What the liberal media often refers to as sweatshops or child labor camps are in reality nothing more than branches of the Ho Chi Minh Day Care Center. It's a place where we teach our children discipline and the meaning of an honest work day. To prove that point, the honor's progam at the Ho Chi Minh Day Care Center has produced the below movie trailer. The last scene of the movie pretty much sums up the spirit of PeasantMan. It made me cry. Well, not really but it could have.

"The PeasantMan Strikes Back." Enjoy :)
The PeasantMan Strikes Back

Tuan

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
RE: PeasantMan Triathlon
POSTED: 2/17/11 2:12 PM

Bump for the happy hour discussion :) ... because it's happening again this year. Details will follow in the coming weeks.

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria