Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

2014 Black Bear Triathlon
CREATED: 05/14/14 by bcfrank REPLIES: 10
bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 975
2014 Black Bear Triathlon
POSTED: 5/14/14 10:04 AM

If you are racing Black Bear Triathlon this year (sprint, olympic, OR half IM), can you please check out the Black Bear DCTriClub team page to see if your name is listed there? We want to make sure everyone who is a club member has been denoted by the race organization as part of the club. The race has a team challenge and we score points based on overall placing as well as just participation in the race (so EVERYONE counts) and we stand to earn some prize money for the club if we win. So we want to make sure you're listed as a team member.

If you are registered for the race and do NOT see your name in the list, then please email the race organizers and get listed as a club member. All the information on how to do that is on that page.

Note: while the page title might say "Half Iron...", this is for ALL participants in all three distance races.

Bryan

jbauer    JOINED: 1/1/11    POSTS: 75
RE: 2014 Black Bear Triathlon
POSTED: 5/14/14 11:29 AM

Tip: Click on the First Name or Last Name column heading to sort the list.

POSTED: 5/18/14 6:49 PM

The 2014 Black Bear Athlete's Guide has been posted. Two things I noted: there is a new bike course due to a bridge being out, but I haven't seen a new map posted yet; and COLD water temp!

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 5/18/14 9:52 PM

Bryan - it says that the current water temperature is 62. That's about what it was for IM-CDA, Sandy Point last week and Columbia in 1997 when I swam without a wetsuit. 62 sounds like sleeveless to me.

-Hugh

POSTED: 5/19/14 8:34 AM

I'll bring both sleeveless and full sleeve and play it by feel on race morning. I couldn't do that temp in no wetsuit. People were doing Alcatraz in speedos and that water was 55. You crazy crazy people. :::^)::

marlyn    JOINED: 1/12/14    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 5/19/14 9:04 AM

Is there nutrition offered on course? If so, what and where is it?
I can't find this info on the website or in the athlete guide.
Marisa

POSTED: 5/19/14 9:23 AM

That is a good question!

For the sprint and Olympic races, there is NO hydration/nutrition offered on the bike course, so make sure you have plenty of fluids and food to get you through the bike portion. The Half IM has a bottle station midway through each loop.

The run course should have aid stations approximately every mile. They will typically have water and a sport drink of some kind (I think CGI Racing used to use Gatorade Endurance but I don't know if they're still using that). So I don't know what they'll have, but you can pretty much guarantee it'll be about every mile on the run course.

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 210
POSTED: 5/19/14 12:37 PM

Easily.

-Andy Sovonick of Gaithersburg

norgato's ravatar norgato    JOINED: 5/13/13    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 5/22/14 8:15 AM

i know this is SUPER last minute, but anyone have any additional space for a body the night before the race at a hotel room/camping site/anything?
I'll split costs and don't move much in a bed if youre down to share.
thanks!
Nora

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 363
POSTED: 5/22/14 8:47 AM

Don't forget to sign up for the pre-race dinner! Check the RSVP links in the Newsletter.

Pam

oliviawoods's ravatar oliviawoods    JOINED: 1/11/14    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 5/24/14 9:54 AM

Marlyn: Looks like they'll have HEED and Hammer gel on the run course (http://www.cgiracing.com/blackbeartri/EVENTINFO/COURSE/RulesTimeLimits.aspx).

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria