Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Gen Smallwood camping for BRIC-NIC and race weekend???
CREATED: 06/07/12 by npleisch REPLIES: 7
npleisch    JOINED: 4/5/12    POSTS: 95
Gen Smallwood camping for BRIC-NIC and race weekend???
POSTED: 6/07/12 12:52 PM

Maybe I missed this info somewhere, and if I did sorry for stepping on your toes... but are there any plans for camping at en Smallwood either Fri night before the BRIC-NIC or the night before the race itself? We'd like to camp at least before the BRIC-NIC, and probably for both. Anyone interested in a group campsite? I've always had a blast camping for tri functions. We could potentially book the site for Fri and Sat night on one or both weekends and enjoy some beers around the campfire on Sat night (after the BRICNIC and/or after the race).
I'm willing to do the legwork to book a campsite if there are others interested. Just let me know asap since the BRICNIC is next weekend.

--Nik

RE: Gen Smallwood camping for BRIC-NIC and race weekend???
POSTED: 6/09/12 6:39 PM

OK all... there are 7 sites available for next Fri night at Smallwood State Park. All hold a max 6 ppl. I'd like to book sites by Wed if there is interest. If we can get even a small group together, my wife and I are definitely in. So let me know if you're in asap.

EmilyW    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 6/10/12 11:04 AM

Hi, My husband and I may be interested in camping as well for the night before the bric-nic. I am in NTP (new triathlete program), and he is a DC tri member- both of us are pretty new to the group. Sadly, don't think we can stay Saturday for a post-race night. I will also post this in the NTP-only forum. We will be doing the General Smallwood sprint tri on Sunday- not sure which nights you were thinking of camping before the race.
Will check back here, you can also email me at
emily [dot] willner at gmail
Thanks,
Emily

POSTED: 6/10/12 1:35 PM

Hi Emily... from what I heard at the Clarendon Cup on Sat, there might be something in the works for post-race on Jul 7. If that pans out, we'd only be camping the night before that race, so on Fri the 6th. If it doesn't, then we may also stay on Sat night, which would work out for the Sprinters. By all means, though, if you want to book a site for the night of the 7th before the Sprint Tri, I can help with that. I'll firm up arrangements for that weekend in a couple weeks, but considering a lot more people will be there that weekend than next weekend, I'll have to book sites more than 1 week in advance.

As far as camping for the BRICNIC next weekend, we will probably only camp on Friday night. Campsites are $30 per night, and there is a $3/person service charge per night. So split the $30 for the site by however many people there are (up to 6) and add $3 each. We have 2 Golden Retrievers, so pets are welcome and encouraged if you have them.

denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 6/11/12 11:52 AM

Nik-
I am interested in camping the night before the race (7/6).
Dena

POSTED: 6/14/12 12:05 PM

OK so is it just Emily and her husband and Jodie and I for camping tomorrow night? I'm going to book a campsite tonight, so let me know asap if you want me to add you last minute.

Dena, I'll address 7/6 next week.

Nik
npleisch(at)gmail.com

POSTED: 6/16/12 1:19 PM

I guess I should have looked at race weekend earlier. I just checked the campsites and there is nothing open for Fri night, 7/6. There are a couple other parks w/in 20 miles... but I don't know if that would make it all that much more convenient than driving from home. I am going to call the reservations office on Monday to see if they hold any sites off the online reservation system. So Dena and Christie (spelling?)... I'll post an update on Monday after I talk to the reservations office. Maybe we'll get lucky.

christyj's ravatar christyj    JOINED: 3/24/12    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 6/16/12 9:45 PM

Hi Nik!

Keep us posted. Would love to camp at Smallwood park if any sites are available. Nice to meet you and your wife (Jodi?) today (and the dogs!).

Christy
christy.jones@hotmail.com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria