Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Motivation
CREATED: 02/15/10 by kdoliver REPLIES: 7
kdoliver's ravatar kdoliver    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 20
Motivation
POSTED: 2/15/10 3:56 AM

Since I arrived here in Kabul, I have been lacking motivation in the workout department. This evening I am starting an ab class followed by some weights.

I need peer pressure to keep me moviated and not just use an hour in the evening to rest.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
RE: Motivation
POSTED: 2/15/10 6:09 AM

Who are you?
Thanks again for your service Kevin. Hang in there, and Get Out There and Train. We are training here and are already buff, cut, and ready for the season.
Have an SST chase you down the street.

jen_'s ravatar jen_    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 162
POSTED: 2/15/10 8:34 AM

Find a Crossfit box and/or do some Crossfit Endurance workouts - high intensity intervals. If you don't have a lot of equipment, there's always push ups, pull ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, burpees, and mountain climbers that you can do. Got a jump rope? Do 50-40-30-20-10 reps of single unders (or double unders if you can) and situps. Full sit ups. Let me know how that workout compares to any abs class.

If you've never done CF before, try it, since it sounds like you need variety or something new. It's functional fitness, not just lat pull downs and bicep curls. Keep you workouts around 10-20 minutes.

Let me know if you need some workout ideas.

Jen

kdoliver's ravatar kdoliver    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 2/15/10 10:09 AM

Thanks for the motivation!! I went to what was suppose to be a 30 min abs class tonight. It turned out to be an hour long all over body workout. I needed it, but my arms are sore now.

Simon, I know you never get out of shape!!

Jen, I will let you know if I need some workouts. Can you give me a 28 hour day?

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1061
POSTED: 2/15/10 11:40 AM

Whatever Kevin -- I've seen some pictures of you over there in Kabul and you look BADA$$.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1742
POSTED: 2/15/10 2:55 PM

Kevin: The actors in the Sparta movie 300 famously built up by following workouts like this:

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/the-300-workout-can-you-handle-it

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 2/15/10 3:12 PM

Have you tried Fit Deck? Workout cards - used to do them on the ship - painful.

riggodrill's ravatar riggodrill    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 103
POSTED: 2/15/10 4:48 PM

Just imagine me catching up to you on the run. You know, my Indian name is "Caught on the Run"... so, you really don't want to see me gaining ground on the run, big fella!

If it helps any... you just motivated me.

-- TJ

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria