Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Multisport World Conference and Expo - Volunteers Needed!
CREATED: 03/01/12 by chad0022 REPLIES: 12
chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 334
Multisport World Conference and Expo - Volunteers Needed!
POSTED: 3/01/12 10:16 PM

Hi All,

It's that time of year where we kick off the triathlon season with the Multisport World Conference and Expo on Saturday, March 24th at the Hanley Center for Athletic Excellence at Georgetown Prep in North Bethesda.

There are plenty of positions from Sponsor support, to kids Olympics assistants, swag bag distributions, and swim relay coordinators.
Morning person? We have positions starting at 7.
Not a morning person, we need people until 5.

Oh, and of course volunteers will be thanked by me. :::^D:: And get some swag too.

Keep an eye on this post for more info!

Already interested? Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com for your top pick of positions!

Thank you and looking forward to a great event!
Amanda

RE: Multisport World Conference and Expo - Volunteers Needed!
POSTED: 3/05/12 10:47 AM

Still not sure if you want to volunteer?
Are you worried that you will get stuck with a position working at the pool, but really would rather work with the seminars?

Not a problem! Below is the list of volunteer jobs I am looking to fill. I need anywhere from 2-16 people at any one job throughout the day!

You know what that means, there is a place and time for everyone.

Job: Sponsor support
Description: Be available to assist vendors with bringing in product, materials, etc. that they will be displaying at their booth; vendors will be temporarily parking outside the entrance to unload their products/goods and volunteers are needed to help move it inside

Job: Kids Olympics assistants
Description: Help out at the kids olympics; we will need volunteers at different stations of the olympics to help check in kids and organize the event; provide general assistance to the lead coordinator of this event on organization, prize distribution, etc.

Job: Greeters
Description: Meet and greet people at the entrance to the Hanley Center and direct people to Multisport World attractions (e.g. registration, expo floor, seminars, clinics, etc.) and answer basic questions about the facilities (e.g. location of rest rooms, where to get food, etc.).

Job: Swag Bag Distribution
Description: Distribute goodie bags to the first 500 registered attendees; Swag Bag volunteers will need to confirm each attendee is a registered attendee before giving out the swag bag; attendee lists will be provided.

Job: Information Booth
Description: Work the information booth on the Expo floor; be available to answer basic questions about the event (e.g. location of seminars, clinics, events, where to go to sign up for clinics, etc.) and the facility (e.g. location of rest rooms, where to get food, etc.); Information Booth volunteers will be given a list of FAQs

Job: Seminar Attendants
Description: For each seminar, direct attendees to their seats as needed as they enter the seminar room and distribute evaluation forms with pencils; provide 10 minute and 5 minute warnings to speakers as they near the end of their allotted time; collect evaluation forms and pencils

Job: Directional Attendants
Description: Directional attendants are required to direct people to events taking place inside the Hanley Center.

Job: Clinic and Workshop Assistants
Description: Assistant are needed to check in registered participants to the Total Immersion swim clinics and other workshops offered throughout the day; rosters to be provided.

Job: Running Co. Campus Dash Volunteers
Description: Volunteers will be needed to be positioned on the course of a short 3 mile run on the campus of Georgetown Prep to direct runners along the course. Volunteers may also be needed to help at the start (e.g. checking in registered racers) or the finish (remove timing chip is applicable).This is OUTSIDE.

Job: Swim Relay Team Competition Volunteers
Description: Assistants are need to help check in teams for this competition and assist with running the event to include timing a team and recording individual splits of each team member as well as flipping lap counters in the pool so athletes know how far they swam; stop watches, clip boards and team rosters to be provided. Volunteers are needed at 11:15AM and should meet on the Hanley Center Pool deck.

Don't forget to email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com with your position choice and time - people needed from 7 am to 5 pm.

Thanks!!
Amanda

POSTED: 3/07/12 11:35 AM

Are you worried that volunteering will keep you inside all day? Fear not, there is a position for you!

Campus Dash Volunteers will be needed to be positioned on the course of a short 3 mile run on the campus of Georgetown Prep to direct runners along the course. Volunteers may also be needed to help at the start (e.g. checking in registered racers) or the finish (remove timing chip is applicable).This is OUTSIDE from 8-10.

Email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com to sign up for this position or any of the positions listed.

Have a great day!
Amanda

POSTED: 3/13/12 1:57 PM

All this up and down weather really screws up your wardrobe. Base layers? Jackets with removable sleeves? Pants or shorts? Arm warmers? Toe covers?

WHAT TO DO???

Well, this should NOT be a concerning for volunteering at the Multisport conference and expo! For your volunteering time, you will receive a volunteer TECH shirt.

Email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com to sign up for any of the positions listed, the times you are available, and I will have a shirt ready for you on March 24.

Thanks!
Amanda

POSTED: 3/15/12 3:43 PM

Are you worried that I am going to ask you to volunteer for every position, all day? Is that why you haven't emailed me to help out at the fantastic event know as the Multisport Conference and Expo on March 24th?

No worries at all! I am looking for 2-31 volunteers at any one point through the day. So if you can help out for an hour or 2 or 4, I have a spot for you! Below lists the position, times I need people, and how many volunteers are needed.

Greeters
Time - 7-5:30
Volunteers needed - 2

Directional Attendants
Time - 7:30-4:30
Volunteers needed - 3

Clinic and Workshop Assistants
Time - 7:30 - 4:30
Volunteers needed - 2

Running Co. Campus Dash Volunteers (Outside)
Time - 8-10
Volunteers needed - 6

Sponsor support
Time - 8-10
Volunteers needed - 4

Seminar Attendants
Time - 9-5
Volunteers needed - 3

Information Booth
Time - 9:30-5:30
Volunteers needed - 2

Swag Bag Distribution
Time - 9:30-3:30
Volunteers needed - 3

Swim Relay Team Competition Volunteers
Time - 11-1:30
Volunteers needed - 16

Kids Olympics assistants
Time - 2-3:30
Volunteers needed - 6

We all know working with a friend is more fun, so I will do my best to put you with someone - if you both agree :::^b::
Also, if you can do 3 or more hours, I will try and split up your duties so you can have a few more experiences.

Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com to sign up with availability (remember, 1 hour, 2, 4 or anything in-between or more) and desired position(s).

Thanks!!
Amanda

gwcrew2000's ravatar gwcrew2000    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 3/15/12 7:46 PM

I am looking forward to both competing in their races AND volunteering this year. Two years ago I got assigned to seminar attendant. It was the best of both worlds, I was helping out while still getting the benefit of attending the seminars from world class triathlon experts. The down side was I made more triathlon friends in the process...oh wait, that is also a benefit. Three great things in one event, now if only there were a term for that....

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 3/15/12 8:31 PM

Menage a trois?

POSTED: 3/19/12 4:07 PM

Multisport will be sure to put you in the Triathlon mood. And one
lucky volunteer will win an entry to Rumpass In Bumpass in Lake Anna
April 14 (Olympic) or 15 (Sprint).

Please email ac.dctri@gmail.com with your time availability and position choice
Thanks!!
Amanda

POSTED: 3/21/12 9:07 PM

Bump.

Nothing that is trying to be clever or funny.

Just me begging for a few more people. Especially between 10-3

Thanks
Amanda

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 508
POSTED: 3/21/12 9:38 PM

DC Tri -

Many thanks to Amanda who has been a rock-star volunteer manager for this event.

I want to chime in and underscore the importance of this event, for our club and for our relationship with Multisport World Expo. We all know that the DC Triathlon Club is the best club on the East Coast (yes I am biased but we all know it's true) and it's opportunities like these events that make us shine even more. There will be many other clubs in attendance, let's show them we own this town with a commanding presence through our volunteer efforts.

Join me, Amanda (our fearless volunteer manager), many of your current club leaders as well as past club presidents at the Multisport Expo to help it be a success...

Please consider giving an hour of your time.

Thanks,
Ryan
President, DC Tri

Airflo's ravatar Airflo    JOINED: 1/12/12    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 3/23/12 10:18 AM

Amanda: I shot a note to your .gmail address. I can volunteer from 0900-1100 tomorrow. I have no preference on the work so just put me wherever you need me.

Please let me know where I need to be, and thank you in advance.

Very respectfully, Florencio

POSTED: 3/23/12 2:05 PM

You all ROCK!

I am up to 45 volunteers for tomorrow's event and it is going to be great. The members of our club have stepped up and I couldn't be happier. My biggest problem now is I might not have enough volunteer tech shirts...

What a problem to have... :::^D::

But no worries, I will figure something out so you all know how much I appreciate your volunteer efforts.

See you tomorrow!!
Amanda

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1796
POSTED: 3/27/12 11:15 AM

Thank you very much, Amanda, for marching about the Expo all day long like a whirling dervish, organizing all the volunteers.

The run, bike, and swim competitions all seemed to go off without a hitch, and were much fun to watch or do.

It was nice to add the Campus Dash to the mix, and more people seemed to compete in events than ever before. Some interesting booths and exhibits as usual. And quite a coup to have Dave Scott talk and teach...

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria