DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Training Partners in Southern MD
CREATED: 07/14/10 by garyjr123 REPLIES: 5
garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
Training Partners in Southern MD
POSTED: 7/14/10 1:02 PM

Hello Everybody,

I live in N. Bethesda/Rockville area and am looking for any people in or near that area that would like to train together. I am swimming at the Montgomery Aquatic Center right now and enjoying long rides in the Potomac area. Let me know if anyone is in this area and would like to train. Since I'm not a strong runner (about a 8-9 minute mile) would like to find some people who I could work on this with. Also, I keep about a 15-17 mile an hour pace on the bike as well as a strong swimmer.

Look forward from hearing from people.

Gary

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
RE: Training Partners in Southern MD
POSTED: 7/14/10 3:39 PM

Hi Gary,

I am new to the club and also in the area. I work in Bethesda and live in Gaithersburg. I think there are a few of us up here, but haven't been able to nail down too many people. I also ride and run about that pace, my swim sucks. I go to MAC sometimes too.

I'd be happy to try go arrange something! my email is wongela at gmail

Elaine

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 977
POSTED: 7/14/10 3:59 PM

You can check out this thread for some other people in the Rockville area and their training ideas. There are a few of us. I know the idea of a happy hour up here at some point has been floating around.

Bryan

bhuge    JOINED: 5/23/10    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 7/14/10 4:41 PM

I live in Chevy Chase and swim at the MAC all the time. I bike on rock creek during the weekends and head out river road/macarthur blvd during the week. I'd welcome some partners in crime. Wed-Fri is best for me during the week or at times during the day anytime during the week. I also recently joined a Masters Swim group at AU which is amazing...highly recommend it! Just got a new cervelo yesterday so I am fired up. Bring on the training!

Bo
443-956-1151
bhugejensen@gmail.com

garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 7/14/10 7:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am more then willing to take the reigns and try to organize some fun rides, runs, and swims if we can. A friend and myself are looking at a good long 35+ mile ride this weekend up Wooten to River Rd and beyond. Let me know if people are interested in joining us. I'm not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday but which ever day it is I will be running the other day.

Let me know what everyone thinks about this ride:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/md/rockville/110303458

Gary

trigator    JOINED: 5/14/10    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/14/10 8:52 PM

Count me in, im also new to the area and might not have much time during the week due to nurse anesthesia school but my weekends are free for training. Let me know

Brent

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria