Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Roll Call - Warrenton Sprint
CREATED: 09/02/10 by Lzlhe REPLIES: 6
Lzlhe    JOINED: 7/6/10    POSTS: 25
Roll Call - Warrenton Sprint
POSTED: 9/02/10 8:09 AM

Anyone else participating in the Warrenton Tri on September 19th? Would love to sync up with other members doing this race...

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
RE: Roll Call - Warrenton Sprint
POSTED: 9/02/10 8:57 AM

me me me!! i didn't think there was anyone doing it on here since it's a super sprint :)

A friend wanted me to do it with her and got suckered in.

Elaine
wongela at gmail

mbowman4's ravatar mbowman4    JOINED: 5/3/10    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 9/02/10 1:40 PM

Leaning toward doing that race as I am just getting started in triathlons this year. Did Manassas sprint a month back. My big race this year is Amica 19.7 in Newport, RI the following weekend after Warrenton. The Warrenton swim is a bit short but the overall tri could be a good prep for me. If either of you want to contact me it is gmail: marcus.bowman.4

POSTED: 9/09/10 1:52 PM

Biked part of the course last weekend and thought I would share some information. Be prepared for a hilly ride, especially on Lee Highway. First turn onto Leeds Manor has poor quality pavement and lots of gravel. Most of the roads are good quality, but with no shoulder to speak of. I'm told that the roads will be open to traffic as well.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 9/14/10 9:34 AM

Hey guys, have you seen a schedule come out? or itinerary? I have no clue what time the race even starts! I assume no pre-bike racking either... ?

The website is pretty sparse.

POSTED: 9/14/10 9:52 AM

I exchanged emails with Greg from Setup Events around this, and he was pretty vague about details. He said that an email would go out the Monday prior to the event (i.e. yesterday). Just emailed him back to see what he says. Given that this is the first time they have done this race, I'm worried that it's not going to be organized well... Greg could not even provide me with a link to race rules.

Here is the info that I have, pasted from my email exchange::

The bike course will not be closed to traffic. However we do expect it to be very light.

The run course is all on walking paths so no traffic there.
Packet Pick Up
Saturday September 18
2-6PM at the Race Site
800 Waterloo Road
Warrenton, VA 20186
Sunday September 19
6-7:30AM at the Race Site
Note: Participants must collect his/ her own event packets. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. ALL USAT annual members must show a valid USAT membership card or pay the one day membership fee ($10).
Pre Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 5PM on Saturday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting willl occur at 7:45 just outside the pool deck on race morning

POSTED: 9/15/10 9:53 AM

Finally got a response from the Setup Events guy. He sent me a PDF with additional details. I am happy to forward, accordingly...

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria