Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

HH @ IronHorse tonight
CREATED: 09/02/10 by abbyjs REPLIES: 7
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
HH @ IronHorse tonight
POSTED: 9/02/10 9:12 AM

I work in Chinatown just down the street from IronHorse. I know the e-mail announcement said HH starts at 6:30, but given the week I've had, there's *no way* I'm staying here that long.

If anyone is available at 6, I'll be there. Drinking club soda. :)

See you there, I hope!

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 945
RE: HH @ IronHorse tonight
POSTED: 9/02/10 10:25 AM

Club soda?!?! :::^)::

I'm just gonna say: new research study!!!!. :::^D::

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 203
POSTED: 9/02/10 10:28 AM

Uh oh, I'm dead.

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 9/02/10 10:40 AM

not trying to turn the forum into a major public health discussion here, but I just can't help but at least comment on that intriguing article, Bryan (my public health background always gets the best of me...). I'll leave it at this: the study was of people (more men than women) who were aged 55-65. This of course means that you would first have to live to be that old first. So, of those that didn't get killed off from smoking, obesity, cancer, other common chronic diseases plauging this country, etc, were the ones that made it into the study. Then, there remains to be said what killed off all the "abstainers" ? Perhaps it was some of these other types of chronic issues that got them instead? The point there would then simply be that you are better off as a drunk than a smoker or obese person, which is probably the case.

Either way, I think in general this group of triathletes is going to be just fine whether in drinking season or not.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 9/02/10 10:45 AM

Hillary... totally...

Trust me, I normally drink aplenty, but I'm so nervous about derailing all the work I've done to prepare for DiamondMan!

I'm also not particularly good at self control. One glass of wine always turns into more!! :)

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 945
POSTED: 9/02/10 11:01 AM

My own personal study: No drinking 2 weeks prior to Austin: horrible run, finish time 5:30ish. No drinking 2 weeks prior to Eagleman: horrible run, finish time 6:00ish. I continued drinking right up to the day of the race at Timberman: finish time sub 5 hours.

Conclusion: I run cleaner on ethanol.

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 9/02/10 12:11 PM

Everyone wins when Bryan imbibes.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1045
POSTED: 9/02/10 12:41 PM

Abby, I will try to get there by 6pm. Here are my reasons for going to HH at Ironhorse.
1. I am in my second week of teaching elementary school.
2. This has been a hot week for training.
3. Labor Day weekend is coming up, so I'm starting early.
4. After how last week's training tri ended, I should have started sooner.
5. It's all part of my training for Nation's.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria