Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike lights reminder
CREATED: 09/02/10 by merlinkim REPLIES: 1
merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 285
Bike lights reminder
POSTED: 9/02/10 1:20 PM

Hey everyone -- just a friendly reminder that if you're out on the roads (including Hains Point) after 7, make sure you've got front and rear lights on. With so many folks new to tri on the board, and a slew of folks getting ready for fall races, I thought it was worth a reminder.

It's just as much about others being able to see you as you seeing where you're going. Stay safe out there. /psa

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 507
RE: Bike lights reminder
POSTED: 9/02/10 5:21 PM

Thanks for posting this. I see way too many cyclists out there without any lights while riding after sunset. Anywhere from one-third to one-half of the riders don't have any lights, at least among the ones I pass on the roads and trails.

At the same time, runners should also make sure they are visible at night. There are an awful lot of people who walk or run around Hains Point in the late evenings wearing only dark clothing. Not a very good idea.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria