Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Age Group Nationals - roll call
CREATED: 06/27/11 by mtallent REPLIES: 26
mtallent's ravatar mtallent    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
Age Group Nationals - roll call
POSTED: 6/27/11 9:53 PM

Anyone going? Anyone want to split a room?

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 507
RE: Age Group Nationals - roll call
POSTED: 6/28/11 7:50 AM

I'm headed up. It will be my g/f and I going. Should we try to get a small group house? Looks like there is a handful of people signed up on the Race page.

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 223
POSTED: 6/28/11 12:00 PM

I'll be there.

Only gonna need a room for Friday night as I'm hopping in a car right after nationals and driving down to Lake Winnipesaukee to race TimberMan the following day.

Can do my own thing or could go in on a group house, etc.

-Ferguson

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 375
POSTED: 6/28/11 2:31 PM

I'm planning to race Age-Group Nats too! There's 12 of us planning to go right now... according to the Race section on the webpage. I think a group house would probably be the most cost-effective... and the most fun!

-Luke

ksdecker44    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 6/28/11 6:28 PM

I'm going! Will be driving separately as I will be coming from Albany, but would be in for a group house Friday night. Keep me posted on plans!

Karly :)

ksdecker44    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 6/28/11 6:28 PM

I'm going! Will be driving separately as I will be coming from Albany, but would be in for a group house Friday night. Keep me posted on plans!

Karly :)

mtallent's ravatar mtallent    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 6/28/11 10:18 PM

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do back to back races, nice to see someone else is nuts enough to do Timberman the next day too! I had already signed up for Timberman before they put out the date and location for Nationals, and then it was just close enough to be doable...

I'll just need a room Fri night and would be interested in whatever is available, whether it be splitting a room or a group house...

POSTED: 6/28/11 11:25 PM

If you haven't signed up for the race yet and you're thinking about it... sign up ASAP! It only had 150 spots left when I checked earlier today... I expect it to fill in the next few days!

And yes... doing back-to-back races is tough... but it builds character. I did Olympic Nats on a Saturday last fall and Sprint Nats the next day. Unfortunately both of these races are the same day now and they don't allow you to do back-to-back nats races anymore :-(

-Luke

bwinterroth's ravatar bwinterroth    JOINED: 5/12/11    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 6/29/11 11:08 AM

I'm in and would definitely be interested in a group house. Keep me in the loop.

-Ben

john    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 6/29/11 6:10 PM

I'm going - Whatever Group decides to do is fine.
- John

sewert12's ravatar sewert12    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 103
POSTED: 6/29/11 7:12 PM

I was on the fence but went ahead and registered. I'm down for a group house or sharing hotel rooms. Also, I definitely want to carpool.

POSTED: 7/08/11 9:06 PM

Are we going with the group house!?! I think it would be fun!!! Either way, let me know... I want to figure out lodging soon!

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 223
POSTED: 7/10/11 3:30 PM

They sold out on Thursday, so on Friday they added 500 more spots:
http://www.everymantri.com/everyman_triathlon/2011/07/usa-triathlon-adds-500-slots-to-usa-triathlon-age-group-national-championship.html

If you qualified and haven't yet registered, do it now before it sells out... again!

Kevin

POSTED: 7/12/11 8:28 AM

What days are people looking for a house? Thursday through Sunday? It also might be a good idea to rent a van and transport 4 people and their bikes / equipment. Let me know and I'll start looking.

-Ben

POSTED: 7/12/11 8:42 AM

So I don't know if anyone has looked yet but group houses are fairly scarce in the Burlington area. Closest houses I've found are about 30 minutes away and not many large group stuff. Anyone see anything else?

POSTED: 7/12/11 8:46 AM

So I don't know if anyone has looked yet but group houses are fairly scarce in the Burlington area. Closest houses I've found are about 30 minutes away and not many large group stuff. Anyone see anything else?

POSTED: 7/12/11 8:56 AM

I would have to agree about the group housing. It might be easier for one person to book a few rooms at a hotel in the area. Are people planning on heading up on Thursday or Friday? If 3-5 other people can commit to me, I will go ahead and book 2-3 rooms at a hotel. I am trying to keep it on the cheaper side, so please specify the max you would send on a hotel per night.

-Ben

POSTED: 7/12/11 9:53 AM

I'm in for Friday and Saturday night. I haven't booked my flight yet, but I'll fly up on Friday and back on Sunday.

I'm also down for keeping costs as cheap as possible. I don't mind a 30-minute drive (as it usually takes me almost that long to drive to DC Tri & Nations Tri anyway!) But I'm fine with a block of hotels too.

-Luke

sewert12's ravatar sewert12    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 103
POSTED: 7/12/11 10:03 AM

I didn't see many group house options either. Yesterday I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express, which was the cheapest hotel with rooms left at a race rate ($129). Want to make this the unofficial DC Tri hotel? I looked around some more and can get a cheaper gov't rate at La Quinta ($110), but think I can only book 1 room. If we have enough federal employees going it could be an option...

Ben, a group van sounds great! I'd get so bored on the drive by myself. I'm planning to leave Thurs and could drive all the way in 1 day or stop somewhere overnight and roll into Burlington Fri morning.

Steph

POSTED: 7/12/11 10:38 AM

Alright guys. I used my Lockheed Martin discount and got (2) Suites at the Comfort Suites in South Burlington. Each suite can accommodate up to 5 people and includes 1 king bed, a pull out sofa for another two people, and then a living room just in case anyone wants to bring a blow up mattress. The dates are for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Each suite is dirt cheap ($111) and can be split up to 5 ways. Anyhow, please get in touch with me if you want a space in either of the suites. I suppose couples could take the king beds.

-Ben

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria