Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Tri Rock Annapolis
CREATED: 05/09/11 by morunner66 REPLIES: 3
morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
Tri Rock Annapolis
POSTED: 5/09/11 9:15 AM

Anyone from the club going to the Tri Rock Annapolis?

I have to be in Annapolis for other reasons so I signed up for the race this Saturday. Good excuse to bring down the amortization rate on my wetsuit. Swim off City Dock and the water should be a bit chilly.

I am hoping for good swag as this race has been heavily advertized in the Tri mags.

I'll have my DC Tri stuff on - albeit under the wetsuit.

Maureen

jenniferyager    JOINED: 6/26/09    POSTS: 12
RE: Tri Rock Annapolis
POSTED: 5/09/11 10:38 AM

I'm doing it! I think it will be really fun. Any idea how packet pickup works? I can't figure it out on the website and I am praying it isn't the day before because getting to annapolis from my office in bethesda without a car is going to take some planning!

POSTED: 5/09/11 12:40 PM

Hi - I think I understand from the website that Friday is packet pick up from 2-8p at City Dock. I don't believe there is Sat. packet pickup - but I could be wrong. I emailed the race director to see whether we have to check in bikes on Friday as well. No word back. The web said that they are sending out final race instructions by tomorrow. I hope this is the case - yes bc Annapolis parking etc is a great big hassle. I think this is the first yr for this race and I am not super confident on the race organization. Should be a nice course - even if I don't believe we bike "through" the naval academy - just by it. Let's hope for good swag to but up with the hassle factor.

You doing Columbia too? This race should be a good tune up - swimming in wetsuits - which I hate.

POSTED: 5/09/11 8:41 PM

Bump - Race Director said email with race info coming out tomorrow (5-10) - Bike raking is on Saturday.

Still hoping for awesome swag - of course not as good as Peasant Man which I will so totally miss this year, but could not make it to the Nuclear Lake.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria