Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Looking for a place to try on Wetsuits
CREATED: 05/26/10 by jls31 REPLIES: 2
jls31    JOINED: 5/26/10    POSTS: 1
Looking for a place to try on Wetsuits
POSTED: 5/26/10 11:06 AM

My husband and I are interested in buying wetsuits this year and I have read and heard time and time again that the most important part is to try them on. I would rather buy local, but am new to the area and don't know where all to go that sells a wide variety of wetsuits. help?

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: Looking for a place to try on Wetsuits
POSTED: 5/26/10 11:18 AM

Bonzai or Contes -

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 429
RE: Looking for a place to try on Wetsuits
POSTED: 5/26/10 11:57 AM

I know it's a hike depending on where you live, but I'd highly recommend RipTide out in Gainesville. I bought my first wetsuit from them about 4 years ago and one of the panels ripped with in a year. They contacted the wetsuit sales rep for me and sent the wetsuit back. They had a new one back to me within a few weeks.

Not sure your experience level but the Orca Equip is a good entry level suit. TYR just came out with a new line of wetsuits as well. I actually just got the TYR Hurricane C3 and am very happy with it so far. The RipTide website lists the wetsuits and sizes (drop-down box) that they have in stock http://stores.riptideswimandtri.com/Categories.bok?category=Swim%3AWetsuits&view=All.

I also just got the RipTide newsletter that all in stock Wetsuits are 30% off this Saturday, May 29th from 11am-4pm.

Hope this helps,
Brady

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria