Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Foot doctor recommendations?
CREATED: 06/12/09 by mccannjl REPLIES: 7
mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
Foot doctor recommendations?
POSTED: 6/12/09 1:11 PM

I'm pretty sure I have PF. or something like it. back of my heal hurts after running, upon awakening, etc. Need a nice big shot of cortisone from a great big needled in there.

Docs in bethesda/silver spring/nw dc preferred.

Doc who runs would be nice.

Wouldn't mind if he's a he, and single, too.

OK, I think i'm done now.

jeanne

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
RE: Foot doctor recommendations?
POSTED: 6/12/09 2:47 PM

NOOOOOOOO, not PF. I developed PF after the 2006 MCM which is the crazy reason why I switched to Tris - not as much running. Hade the cortisone shot from orthopedist at GWU. It did nothing. Only relief I got was through a chiro who does ART - active release technique - which works the deep muscle tissue and breaks up the scar tissue that forms when you get PF. My foot was stiffer than a 2x4. Google ART or active release technique and you should find a chiro in your area that does it. I have done the circuit of orthos in DC/VA (and my friend before me from DC-NYC-Boston). The only ortho worth it was Dr. Arthur Manoli. He is amazing. Unfortunatley, he is in Detroit. I made the trek out there. He was the only one who examined the complete skeleton and concluded that - yes -while PF was the problem - it was directly related to the incredibly tight hamstrings. He recommended 100 wall stretches a day. (I could only get to 80, but it has helped). Also, got custom orthotics from Brian Graham at Performance Zone
140 Engelwood Suite E
Orion, MI 48359
"Brian Graham" <perfzone@ameritech.net>; also in Detroit.

Brian's orthotics are made of EVA(?) - a stiffer yet pliable version of running shoe inserts. I have not seen anything close to his here in DC. They work.

Good luck with the PF. ... or better yet ,the lack thereof.

If you want more info email me at: clarebearcolburn@yahoo.com

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 6/12/09 4:29 PM

I just saw Dr. Osterman for the first time. www.drstaylorandosterman.com They have offices in downtown DC and Silver Spring. Besides the fact that he was in network, I chose him b/c he had a sports-related certification. He seemed pretty knowledgeable about both running and cycling. I didn't ask if he was attached though, sorry. ;)

finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 6/12/09 4:36 PM

I've seen Dr. James M. Petko, 6716 Arlington Blvd, Falls Church, VA 22042, www.soledoctor.com. He's very good takes time to review your situation in detail. Is a marathon runner as well.

POSTED: 6/12/09 4:54 PM

Thanks everyone--this is great info!

I am going to start with an ART therapist

Terrel Hale
301-943-8738
gtsportsmassage.com
at the Chevy Chase Running Co.

I have an appt tomorrow at 5. I'll let you all know how it goes. Sadly, I don't think he's into the quick fix (=Giant Needle filled with Drugs).

:)
Jeanne

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
POSTED: 6/12/09 5:08 PM

I see Dr. Stephen Pribut at 2141 K St NW. He specializes in podiatric sports medicine.

I've had flat feet since birth and when I started running he fit me with a pair of leather and cork orthodics that provide support while still allowing my foot to roll/flex a bit. Dr. Pribut is well known at Fleet Feet and Pacers. He's written several articles on running too.

http://www.drpribut.com/

Good luck!

Tammy

POSTED: 6/12/09 5:17 PM

ah, excellent. I see his ads everywhere. nice to have a personal recommendation for him. thanks!
jeanne

docforjocks    JOINED: 6/14/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 6/14/09 11:16 AM

You might get some info from my blog http://docforjocks.blogspot.com/
Art is not a bad way to start!

Ben Pearl,DPM

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria