DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Timberman 70.3 Lodging
CREATED: 05/06/13 by jhull REPLIES: 9
jhull    JOINED: 5/31/12    POSTS: 29
Timberman 70.3 Lodging
POSTED: 5/06/13 4:29 PM

Hi all,

My wife and I signed up for the upcoming Timberman 70.3 in August this summer, and wondering if anyone is interested in getting a cabin together somewhere near the race? We've never been up there before, so if anyone has any recommendations, please feel free to chime in. Thanks.

Jimmy

melinda    JOINED: 3/3/13    POSTS: 11
RE: Timberman 70.3 Lodging
POSTED: 5/18/13 1:27 PM

I'm signing up right after I post this, and would I would love to split a cabin - I've never been to NH before, so I have no recommendations. I was actually going to post a thread about splitting accommodations and possibly carpooling; but figured I just jump on yours.

With the race being Sunday I figured leave early Sat and drive home Monday.

-melinda

jhull    JOINED: 5/31/12    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 5/18/13 1:39 PM

That would be great! We would probably not be able to use our car for carpooling as its a hatch back and we only have bike racks for two. Sat thru Mon is our plan too. I will look into cabins this week and let you know.

Anyone else want to join the party?

POSTED: 5/18/13 9:10 PM

Sounds good. A quick search on Airbnb only yielded sites about 35 minutes outside of Gilford. Let me know what you find!
-melinda

Leocubillos's ravatar Leocubillos    JOINED: 9/8/12    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 5/19/13 6:20 PM

Hi Folks, I am interested in joining the pack if there's still room available. Never been to NH either. Best, Leo

POSTED: 5/19/13 6:42 PM

More the merrier, in my book! And splitting it more ways might give us some closer options too!
Hope everyone's training is going well!
-melinda

Leocubillos's ravatar Leocubillos    JOINED: 9/8/12    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 5/19/13 7:05 PM

any suggestions as to how to get there? Is driving a suggested option?

POSTED: 5/19/13 8:04 PM

Just under a 9 hr drive. I'm leaving saturday EEEAAARRRRLLLLY (like 3am), I think Jimmy and his wife are driving as well.

Toon's ravatar Toon    JOINED: 5/6/13    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/15/13 1:40 PM

UPDATE:

Melinda, Leo, and whoever else...

We have a 2bdrm/2bth condo booked at a resort in Gilford, just a few miles from the race start, with a Saturday check-in, Monday check-out. If you need a place to stay, let me know. My wife and I are taking one bedroom, but the rest of the condo is open still. So I think 2-3 more people would be okay.

Planning a quiet relaxing pre-race evening, slightly louder/energetic post-race evening. Close to the beach, race course, etc.

Email at JBHULL3 at GMAIL dot COM.

Toon's ravatar Toon    JOINED: 5/6/13    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/23/13 8:12 AM

We still have space available in our condo...just a few miles from the start line, full kitchen, and lakefront. Send me a message if you're interested. JBHULL3 at Gmail dot Com.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria