Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Vietnamese Century This Weekend
CREATED: 07/15/10 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 2
dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
Vietnamese Century This Weekend
POSTED: 7/15/10 9:28 AM

I don't normally post the Sunday Bike ride info in this forum but since it's a special ride this weekend, I thought that I should extend the invite to everyone. It's a free ride this Sunday so just show up. Below is the email that I sent to the folks on the Sunday Bike Ride with the Vertical swimmer distro list.

The only thing that I can promise is that you won't be able to procreate afterward.

Tuan

===========================================
SUNDAY BIKE RIDE WITH THE VERTICAL SWIMMER
Star Date: Week 4
===========================================

Hello Everyone,

The second annual Vietnamese Century Bike Ride is this Sunday. We will go old school Viet Cong by promising 100 miles but only delivering 89. This is call the Viet Cong Special. If you have any comments, concerns, or advice, we have set up a re-education camp site to address all of your inquiries. Please stop by at your earliest convenience. We greatly cherish your input and will provide you with a parting gift accordingly.

We also promised that this ride will be a fully supported ride with food and sag vehicles. This of course provides that the sag vehicle is the car that you came with and food being the stuff that you carry on your bike. If you are one of those people that do not own a car, the official Vietnamese Century sag vehicle will look like a Metro bus to you. The bus ride is free if you just climb aboard and tell them that you are with Vietnamese Royalty.

Folks, I'm giving you all a discount. No other century rides on the face of this planet gives you an 11 mile discount. This is truly a once in a lifetime deal. It's something that you can tell your children. Just imagined the inquisitive looks on their faces when you tell them that on that one magical day, in the summer of '10 ... you experienced what it was like to be part of the Vietnamese Royalty Kingdom of Heaven.

==================
THIS WEEK'S RIDE
==================

The Vietnamese Century will go through some of the most beautiful and scenic roads that we will pass through this year. I hoped that many of you can make it. We are going to Sugarloaf Mountain so let's take it easy out there during the first part of the ride. Hammer early and you will pay dearly by ride's end. To all of the men out there ... wear a cup.

=========
CUE SHEET
=========

The Vietnamese Century needs no explanations and is beyond measurements or comprehension. Please print out the cue sheet and take it with you on the ride. It's a little bit more complex this week since the mileage is a lot higher. You don't want to make a wrong turn at Sugarloaf mountain and end up in West Virginia marrying your first cousin ... just saying.

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/va/arlington/356124810328524145

As a reminder, we clip at 7:00 AM.

R Wisconsin
L Reservoir Rd
R MacArthur Blvd
R Falls Rd (@~13.5)
L River Rd (@~15.5)
R Travilah Rd (@~20.7)
L Turkey Foot (@~23)
(stay straight onto Jones Ln at Turkey Foot turn) (@~24)
L Darnestown Rd (Rte 28) (@~25.6)
R White Ground Rd (Rte 121) (@~31)
quick R Clopper
quick L Clarksburg
L Barnesville Rd (Rte 117)(@~36)
R Slidell Rd (@~37.1)
L Comus Rd (Rte 95)(@~40.75)
L on Sugar Mountain Rd (Rte 95) (@~44.6)
(becomes Mt. Ephraim)
L Barnesville Rd (@~46.7)
R Beallsville Rd (Rte 109)(@~48.8)
(becomes Elgin)
R Fisher (107)(@~55)
quick L W. Willard
L River Rd (@~59.5)
(at Seneca intersection, turn R to stay on River (Rte 190))
R Falls Rd (@~73)
L MacArthur Blvd (@~75.1)
L Reservoir Rd (@~86.5)
R Wisconsin (@~88)
Home base @89

REST STOPS
------------
For the folks in my pace group and recommended for other pace groups:
Stop #1: Gas station at mile 15
Stop #2: We'll stop at the gas station at Beallsville/Fisher (mile 55). We'll definitely stop for a few minutes at Sugarloaf to enjoy the scenery and gather the troops (mile 44). There's no gas station at Sugarloaf but there is a visitor center. We'll stop at another gas station between mile marker 15 and 55 if a request is made or if we pass a convient gas station. Just make sure that you pass the request along the peleton so that we know to stop. Just say something like "I need to use the restroom at the next gas station" and we'll pull over.
Stop #3: Gas station #1 above mile (73-ish)
Stop #4: Base camp
More stops if requested along the way.

===========================
FOR THE SILVER SPRING GROUP
===========================

The Silver Spring express train will meet 6:20 AM at Picnic Area #10. We'll clip at 6:25 AM. This week in order to attract wild animals as I wait for passengers on the Silver Spring express train, I shall sing karaoke in the parking lot. That's right, a rare sighting. An Asian singing karaoke.

Take care everyone. See you out on the road.
Tuan

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
RE: Vietnamese Century This Weekend
POSTED: 7/15/10 10:54 AM

at first i was disappointed to see that i wouldnt be able to make it. but your comment 'you wont be able to procreate afterward' made me rethink my disappointment. is there a special aspect of this ride experience that folks should know about?

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
RE: Vietnamese Century This Weekend
POSTED: 7/15/10 10:59 AM

There are lots of hills. If the dudes among us aren't wearing cups ... they can just kiss their abilities to produce children goodbye

I don't know what the duddettes among us would wear to protect themselves ... but that's what they should wear.

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria