POSTED: 7/10/13 8:08 AM

Hello,

Do any of you guys train up here in VA?

Thanks
Lyds

kizer00's ravatar kizer00    JOINED: 3/26/12    POSTS: 5
RE: Training Partner
POSTED: 7/10/13 1:39 PM

We are pretty much on our own out here in the Sterling/ Ashburn area. I joined DC Tri when I worked in DC but have since moved jobs out here by where I live. If you find anyone else out this way, let me know. Maybe we can get a NoVa group started.

Kizer

LydsRod's ravatar LydsRod    JOINED: 6/28/13    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 7/10/13 2:12 PM

Awesome. I'll see who might be in our neck of the woods. I'm in Fairfax, Fair Oaks area. It would be awesome to grow a group out here. Do you think DC Tri would mind if we had an outpost out here :)

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 7/10/13 2:19 PM

Lyds,
We're all over the place. Some would even say, we errrwhere.

Just like we have a close-knit sect up in MoCo, MD (Montgomery County, not as far as Gaithersburg, MD, which is actually in West Virginia), there is a scattering of club members in Far-fax and other counties outside of the Beltway. Sounds like you're volunteering to be a training ambassador to get out members involved out there! Start a thread, like this one, and get something going!

Email training@dctriclub.org if you're interested in organizing some regular group sessions. DC Tri unit!

Or just train on your own. Doesn't matter, just have fun.

POSTED: 7/10/13 2:31 PM

WOW, that's great. I would love to have regular training sessions out here. I do train on my own (for my first tri in October), would love to meet some DC Tri minions out here in Far-Fax.

Thanks for sharing.

gabroe's ravatar gabroe    JOINED: 8/27/10    POSTS: 69
POSTED: 7/10/13 2:50 PM

Well, I live in Oakton (pretty close to fair oaks and running distance to W&OD) and work on Tysons so I end up doing like 90% of my training on Fairfax, sign me up for that group :)

POSTED: 7/10/13 2:53 PM

You got it. I just emailed Adam to see what I need to do to get something going here. I'll definitely have a thread going once I get some traction.

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 556
POSTED: 7/10/13 3:25 PM

Just replied to you Lydia. ;-)
Sounds like there will be a "Fairfax area Tri Training" thread coming out soon that people can subscribe to. Good stuff and thanks for stepping up Lydia!
- Adam

Edub's ravatar Edub    JOINED: 7/10/13    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/10/13 8:24 PM

I ride the Fairfax County Parkway every now and then so if you guys start a group in this area (Fort Belvoir, Springfield, Lorton, Burke) I want in!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria