Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Rocketts Landing Olympic Tri or TriRock Annapolis
CREATED: 04/06/13 by AROD REPLIES: 5
AROD    JOINED: 1/16/13    POSTS: 27
Rocketts Landing Olympic Tri or TriRock Annapolis
POSTED: 4/06/13 9:37 PM

I was wondering if anyone was signed up for the Rocketts Landing Olympic Tri in Richmond at the end of June? I had to switch to that race from the Naylors Beach due to a scheduling conflict. Would be fun to get a group if there is and stay in the same hotel and caravan over.

I also am thinking of signing up for the TriRock Annapolis race in July and wasn't sure what people thought of that race. It seems a bit pricey for a sprint but then again all Triathlons are pricey.

molnarc2's ravatar molnarc2    JOINED: 9/8/12    POSTS: 28
RE: Rocketts Landing Olympic Tri or TriRock Annapolis
POSTED: 4/07/13 2:47 PM

I did TriRock Annapolis last year and the race was in the middle of May. It was a good race and a good course. I'm a bit surprised they moved the race to July this year.

The staff and volunteers did a great job. Everything was set up and organized well. The race expo left a lot to be desired, but overall it was positive.

-Charles

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 4/08/13 8:28 AM

I did the first TriRock Annapolis Race and liked it even due to the rain. Nice after party and expo while moderate was nice for a sprint. Close location makes it convenient as well - no hotel stays driving up the cost and inconveniencing family.

HappyRunner's ravatar HappyRunner    JOINED: 1/15/11    POSTS: 200
POSTED: 4/08/13 11:24 AM

The first TriRock Annapolis Race was my first "professional" triathlon (non-peasant) and looking back with more experience, I'm definitely impressed by the organization. Maybe I'm just a sucker for a personalized bike rack spot with my name on it. No doubt about it, price versus "time on course" is way up there.

Rocketts Landing, not so much. Perhaps I'm just a purist, but lots of stairs have no place in a race, imho (exception for Escape from Alcatraz). Also, wasn't a fan of swim cut short just because water was warm (OK, hot).

sgarnes's ravatar sgarnes    JOINED: 11/16/12    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 4/08/13 1:02 PM

I'm thinking about doing TriRock Annapolis (and possibly TriRock Philadelphia). I tried to YouTube some video footage but couldn't find much. I will keep checking this chat to see what others have experienced.

AROD    JOINED: 1/16/13    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 4/08/13 1:41 PM

Sounds like it is a pertty good race to do. I have heard from other people that it isn't a bad race to do to make sure you stay in competition mode until the Nations tri in September. I probably will be signing up for it. Sgarnes, let me know how the philadelphia one is if you do it. I have the Richmond Rocketts race tri that same weekend but if its good might do it next year.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria