Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bonions
CREATED: 09/03/10 by rich1422 REPLIES: 2
rich1422's ravatar rich1422    JOINED: 12/5/09    POSTS: 16
Bonions
POSTED: 9/03/10 9:03 AM

Does anybody know of a good treatment for bunions. My left foot is getting huge and pain increases with the mileage, especailly during runs. Also, if anyone knows of a good pain reliever or practice for after long training runs your knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

hegorby    JOINED: 2/27/10    POSTS: 2
RE: Bonions
POSTED: 9/03/10 9:24 AM

You should probably see a podiatrist if the pain is bothering you. They may suggest custom orthotics and trying a different fitting shoe that doesn't rub the bunion.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Bonions
POSTED: 9/03/10 10:14 AM

go see a podiatrist, they may suggest orthotics or differently shaped shoes that may not irritate the area when running.

after talking with my dr about them, what i got is that once you have them you have them, best case scenario is that you slow down the progression of the bunion developing to a snails pace.

the only pain relievers that i was told that worked are some tylenol after a run and/or ice the area after a run heavily and/or more rest and less running than you are used to.

good luck.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria