Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

USAT voting guidance?
CREATED: 08/01/09 by mosered REPLIES: 2
mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
USAT voting guidance?
POSTED: 8/01/09 4:46 PM

Got the following re USAT elections and issues via email. Are there recommended candidates and issue positions for club members?

"Dear USAT Member,
On August 1, electronic ballots will be made available to USAT members in regions where multiple candidates are vying for open positions on the national board and/or regional councils.
For 2009, you may be asked to vote on three specific elements. One is for the National Board candidate running from your region. The second is for the Regional Council candidate running from your region. The third is for six (6) proposals that our Board of Directors has recommended for approval that will change some language in the current bylaws. Due to staggered election terms, there may not be a National or Regional seat up for election in your region....."

no-e-plz's ravatar no-e-plz    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 43
RE: USAT voting guidance?
POSTED: 8/02/09 9:56 AM

Ed (and others)

I will get a read-out on the proposals you're being asked to vote on so you may have a better idea of what it all means.

As far as candidates, Bob Wendling is seeking re-election for the National Board. If you're unfamiliar with Bob, he's been a long-time triathlon supporter, and from his bio: "My platform reflects my many years as a certified USAT Official, USAT Mid-Atlantic Regional representative, and this year as your incumbent National Board representative and USAT Treasurer. So far this year I have played a role in: creating a new USAT Strategic Plan, Code of Ethics, Conflict of Interest policy, and National Rankings system; restructuring our Regional governing and financial organization nationwide; and helping make the National Du Festival in Richmond and the ITU-DC Triathlons in Washington huge successes."

The Regional Council candidates have all been long time triathlon community participants and are all more than qualified to serve on the council.

no-e-plz's ravatar no-e-plz    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 43
RE: USAT voting guidance?
POSTED: 8/04/09 8:29 PM

The guidance we've received is:

* that the wording changes to the bylaws to extend term limits for council members from 2 to 4 years,
* additional honorary board members as independent (industry/business expert) members who are from the business community who can help guide the board (national),
* honorary positions going to the past presidents (non-voting status) to provide continuity as well as a non-voting ITU representative, both will expire after 2 years.

all the changes have been heavily discussed and debated among the National board members and the USAT Mid-Atlantic Council supports the changes.

Please vote for all the candidates who are running, especially for Bob Wendling for the National Board.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria