Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

General Smallwood - Regional Club Championships
CREATED: 05/23/12 by afava REPLIES: 44
afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 5/23/12 6:24 PM

If you haven't registered for General Smallwood, the 2012 Mid-Atlantic Club Championships (July 7), now is the time!

Our team roster for the Club Championships is due on JUNE 1.

For your participation to count towards scoring in the Club Championship, we need you to:

1. Register for the Olympic Distance race using DC Tri discount. Do it this week!
2. Go to Race section of the DC Tri website and “attend” General Smallwood so we know to include your name on the team roster for scoring
3. RSVP for the Brick-Nic on June 16 (ok, this one is optional)

REMINDERS:
Race Discount: DC Tri members benefit from a race discount to Maryland Triathlon Series (MTS) events! Redeem your discount in the race section of the Club website.

Register: Only participants in the Olympic distance race will be scored for the Club Competition. After you register, indicate that you are “attending” in the race section of the Club website. We need this information for scoring purposes so don’t forget this step!

Volunteer: We’ll need a bunch of folks to come out to support the Club on July 7 for the Olympic Distance Race (Club Championships) and on July 8 for the Sprint (one of the NTP goal races). We are looking for someone to co-lead this!

Train: Save the date for the General Smallwood Brick-Nic, June 16. We’ll ride the course, run and refuel with a potluck picnic at General Smallwood State Park in Indian Head, MD. RSVP on the events page!

If you have questions or are available to volunteer contact training@dctriclub.org.

Andrea
DC Tri – Racing & Training

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 495
RE: General Smallwood - Regional Club Championships
POSTED: 5/24/12 4:36 AM

Go to Race section of the DC Tri website and “attend” General Smallwood so we know to include your name on the team roster for scoring by clicking here

http://dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Race.view&id=BAC77027-DB32-368D-7D46386D953B1A43

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 369
POSTED: 5/30/12 10:37 PM

I'm in!!

72 DC Triclubbers registerred! 1 more day to register and still be on the team!

POSTED: 5/31/12 7:17 AM

Our roster is looking GREAT. We have over 100 DC Tri members registered to represent at the Regional Club Championships!

If you register for General Smallwood today, email me directly to ensure you get included on the final list - amfava at yahoo.

(Luke, I added you.)

Andrea

LAST CHANCE! General Smallwood - Regional Club Championships
POSTED: 6/01/12 5:37 AM

Roster is getting submitted at 12 noon today (June 1). If you register today or are planning to register, "attend" at the link below so I can include you in our final roster.

http://dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Race.view&id=BAC77027-DB32-368D-7D46386D953B1A43

Andrea

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 6/04/12 1:07 PM

From the WPost today....

That snakehead — with fins like a catfish and flesh like a Burmese python — weighed in at more than 16 pounds, the largest caught during the two-day Potomac Snakehead Tournament that ended Sunday at Smallwood State Park on Mattawoman Creek in Marbury, in Charles County.

Oh, so looking forward to this race...

POSTED: 6/04/12 1:23 PM

If anything, we should be more excited (like the girl in the picture), because now there are less snakeheads in the Potomac!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/contest-removes-loads-of-snakeheads-from-potomac/2012/06/03/gJQAe6nICV_story.html

Anyone else find it odd that the team that wins the Potomac Snakehead Tournmant gets more prize money than the team that wins the Triathlon Club Regionals at Indian Head, MD ($1500 vs $1000)?

I think we should get a team to enter this event next year (let's add it to the Race Section!) It would give Multisport a whole new meaning!

Also, "Whackfactor Outdoors" would be a great sponsor to add to our list of Partners!

-Luke

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 495
POSTED: 6/04/12 1:28 PM

Andrea, did you get a response from USAT about adding more people to the roster?

POSTED: 6/04/12 1:45 PM

We have 143 people racing with DC Tri at General Smallwood!

We just learned that we will have until June 15 to submit an updated final roster so folks should make sure to "attend" in the race section if they want to get added to the team.

Plans are in the works for a post-race gathering back in DC later in the afternoon so make sure to hold your calendars for the full day!

Andrea

sose    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 6/04/12 5:34 PM

I just signed up. The power of Twitter!

Thanks!

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 235
POSTED: 6/06/12 10:31 AM

Anyone interested in a relay? I'll swim if the water doesn't exceed three feet. Otherwise I'll bike or run. Looks like I better lube the chain and get some new running shoes.

POSTED: 6/14/12 12:33 PM

Updated roster for Mid-Atlantic Club Championships will be submitted later today. We'll add folks who have indicated that they are attending in the race section since June 1. Last chance!

http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Race.Featured

- Andrea

POSTED: 6/15/12 10:39 AM

Final team roster submitted.

153 DC Tri Club members racing General Smallwood - this is going to be FUN!

See everyone at the Brick-Nic tomorrow.

Andrea

RE: General Smallwood - Club Championships
POSTED: 6/21/12 11:02 AM

Great to see so many of you at the Brick-Nic on Saturday!

We're beginning to think about race weekend.

The plan is to gather post-race back in DC on Saturday (late afternoon) at a watering hole to be determined. Mark your calendars! Let us know if you have ideas and want to coordinate the post-race festivities.

Andrea

sose    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 6/21/12 11:18 AM

Awesome! I'm game.

jennism's ravatar jennism    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 6/22/12 9:53 AM

Andrea - any chance we can have some visors and other DC Tri gear to purchase last-minute at the July 5 Club HH? I will be racing Smallwood in a non-DC Tri kit, but want to make sure I represent the Club with at least a visor on the run course!

Thanks!
Meaghan

dmd326's ravatar dmd326    JOINED: 10/28/10    POSTS: 70
POSTED: 6/28/12 7:20 AM

I'll be there. My first Olympic!

POSTED: 7/02/12 8:32 AM

Still 3 spots open in the race!

POSTED: 7/02/12 8:40 AM

Does anyone know how swim waves will be broken down? With nearly 600 athletes competing, I'm guessing there will be about 6 waves, but I can't find any info about this on the website. Just trying to figure out if I will be able to swim in Patrick Serfass' slipstream, just like at last year's club regionals...

POSTED: 7/02/12 8:49 AM

@Luke - when John talked with the NTP'ers about 2 weeks, he said they did not know yet how they would break down the waves. I'm guessing it's not ready yet if not posted. A

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria