Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

OWS this Sunday?
CREATED: 08/17/11 by Tynan REPLIES: 4
Tynan's ravatar Tynan    JOINED: 1/17/11    POSTS: 44
OWS this Sunday?
POSTED: 8/17/11 10:39 AM

I'd like to do an OWS this Sunday to try out a wetsuit -- anyone know of a swim clinic going on anywhere? Anyone else want to join? Never a good idea to practice OWS alone, especially given the latest horror stories of heart issues / ameobas.

Trying to get in about 45-60ms.

Tom

skarpers's ravatar skarpers    JOINED: 5/9/11    POSTS: 34
RE: OWS this Sunday?
POSTED: 8/17/11 1:30 PM

They don't have one this sunday, but check out the link for some other dates that open water swims are going on. I plan to go to the 9/4 one to test out my wet suit before Nations.

http://teamathalon.com/open-water-swims/

RAFTRI's ravatar RAFTRI    JOINED: 12/22/10    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 8/18/11 10:57 AM

Can I just ask if a wetsuit is going to be necassary for the Nations Tri ?? I wore mine for the DC tri and was way too warm....surely the river will be even warmer for Nations?

Tynan's ravatar Tynan    JOINED: 1/17/11    POSTS: 44
POSTED: 8/18/11 11:05 AM

Not sure if the wetsuit will be "necessary," but the race website indicates that wetsuits are usually allowed, since the average river temp that time of year hovers around 72. Unclear if that'll be the same this year.

skarpers's ravatar skarpers    JOINED: 5/9/11    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 8/18/11 11:10 AM

I don't know if you will need it or not? I haven't done any of my races this year with a wetsuit, but like what Tynan said the water temp last year was around 70.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria