Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

FS - Specialized Tarmac SL2 (54), Carbon Wheels - $3900
CREATED: 12/11/10 by abbyjs REPLIES: 1
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
Specialized Tarmac SL2 (54), Carbon Wheels $3900
POSTED: 12/11/10 9:59 PM

I wish this was my bike to sell! My friend is selling this from Arlington. Please check the Craigslist posting for photos or e-mail me if you are interested--

abby.sanford19 at yahoo.com

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/bik/2108151198.html

And, if someone from DC Tri buys the bike, he will include any brand new clip on aero bars for half the retail price.

MUST SELL QUICKLY
Specialized Tarmac SL2 with Dura Ace 7800 and Bontrager/HED Aeolus 5.0 wheels. This was the top of the line Specialized road bike until they came out with the SL3 a year ago. It is sub 15 pounds, very stiff, responsive, and yet a very comfortable ride.

The bike was $8500 new, and the wheels were $2800. That is $11,300 retail value!

Bike:
54 cm
Excellent condition, never crashed, and rarely ridden.
Dura Ace 7800 brakes, shifters, derailleurs (ultegra chain)
BB30, integerated bottom bracket and crank
S works toupe saddle
S works seatpost, stem and handlebar
Ride on Gore cable upgrade! Incredibly smooth shifting

Not shown in the photo: I'll include a set of lightly used speedplays if you want them and an ultegra cassette.
The only imperfection on the whole bike is a ding in the right brake lever where the bike tipped over in a parking lot. It is cosmetic and has absolutely no impact on performance.

Wheelset:
Carbon clinchers, 50 mm depth is the perfect aerodynamic option for road races, Time trials or triathlons. Includes two wheel bags. These are race wheels with very few miles.
According to the website:

* The carbon clincher version of Team RadioShack’s racing mainstay.
* 50mm cross section and aero profile provide the optimal height to width ratio for aerodynamic performance on everyday rides (with 22mm tire)
* New lacing pattern and revised layup OCLV rim work together to provide the best combination of aerodynamics and weight in the Aeolus line
* Aerodynamic profile designed in collaboration with aero-guru Steve Hed

I will consider selling the wheels separately. These wheels usually go for $1400 each! I will sell the set for $1100 obo.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
FS Specialized Tarmac SL2 (54), Carbon Wheels$3150
POSTED: 1/13/11 1:04 PM

New year, new price!
Check out the new photos of this sweet bike. I personally lifted it: so light. Wish it were the right size for me!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/bik/2156765292.html

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria