Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Running Training?
CREATED: 04/24/09 by kstapleton REPLIES: 1
kstapleton's ravatar kstapleton    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 9
Running Training?
POSTED: 4/24/09 1:59 PM

I know there is the ez8 program for women but is there anything similar for anyone to get into? I've been running my whole life though I've never been trained/coached or anything in it. I feel like I'm just not reaching my full potential and after reading this article in the NY Times http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=8585 I'm even more sure of it.

I don't think I really want (or can afford) a personal coach or anything but maybe just a group training atmosphere where someone who knows what they're talking about might be able to offer some individual pointers on form and give some guidelines on training techniques...

Like, I don't even know what strides really are... :-/

drewpugh's ravatar drewpugh    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 41
RE: Running Training?
POSTED: 4/24/09 11:17 PM

My lovely wife (Kathy) established/coaches the EZ8 program here in DC and the form related instruction is mainly based on the POSE method (www.posetech.com). Although I've not "studied" the method, I have incorporated some of the advice to change my form and have seen better times (partly due to POSE and partly due to more speed work, less LSD) and pretty much eliminated plantar fasciitis, which I've dealt with for about 15 years.

There is a POSE running book and I think there are also some local DC coaches that do clinics, but what I got from the book and my wife were enough to make a big difference. Of course, I'm sure that the local running clubs have people that can give you plenty of pointers also.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria